Prologue

Sonic stepped into Tails' lab. It was always good to see his little bro's sciencey- stuff again, even if he didn't really understand most of it.

"Sonic! Just in time! I think I've made a breakthrough on this!"

"On what? Don't leave me hanging, Tails!"

Tails ran up to Sonic and pulled out a small remote-like object with a few colored buttons on it.

"Woah, never seen that thing before. Well, you've made stuff that looks like remotes in the past, but, well.. I'm sure you get what I mean."

His two-tailed fox friend nodded. "Yeah, I get it. Anyways, I think this machine might really come in handy! It makes a small hole in the dimensional rift of our world to make a small portal into another dimension!"

Sonic was slightly taken aback by this. "Woah, that's pretty cool! But why make a dimensional portal?"

Tails shrugged. "I thought maybe it might work in transporting Badniks out of the way so the small fights against Eggman for the Chaos Emeralds, or we could hide the Emeralds somewhere just in case!"

"Wow, that's gonna come in handy!" The azure hedgehog complimented to his friend. Tails grinned, but was interrupted by one of his monitors going off.

As he ran over to the screen, it displayed Badniks marching in through Green Hill Zone.

"Uh oh, that looks like-"

"Eggman! Whaddya say we get the others and kick some Egg-butt!"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hold it right there, Eggman!"

Eggman looked down from his Egg-o-matic transportation contraption to see Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, all ready to fight.

"Oho! Looks like you're finally here!"

"What're you talking about?" Sonic retaliated. It seemed Eggman had planned for him to come.

"Well, beside the fact I knew you'd come here to take down my Badnik construction power plant, I had a little surprise planned for when you did!"

He pressed a button on the Egg-o-matic control panel, and a large triple ray gun set popped out from the back of the flight vehicle.

A squadron of Badniks swarmed in. Tails pressed a button on his remote.

"Time to send these Badniks somewhere else!"

But the second Tails fired up his remote beam, Eggman blasted his ray guns.

As Knux and Amy stood back, Sonic was keeping away too many Badniks to notice where the lasers were shooting.

Sonic snatched a Chaos Emerald from the crowd of Badniks that Knux was holding.

"Gonna borrow this!"

"Hey! Get back here with that!"

Sonic tried to use small bursts of energy from the Chaos Emerald, but it was only pushing the Badniks back slightly from the lack of time he had to use the energy charge.

The lasers collided as Sonic was trying to charge up a stronger Chaos Blast.

Badniks were flung everywhere from something pushing them all back.

Sonic could finally see, but then realized something.

There wasn't any ground underneath him. Just a portal.

"Uh oh."

Immediately, Sonic fell through the portal, screaming.

"SONIC!!!"

Sonic's friends yelled after him, but the portal immediately closed.

There was merely silence for a moment before Tails and Knux retreated, as the blast had also taken down most of the power plant, dragging a screaming Amy all the while.

Eggman merely looked on in awe.

"Well. That certainly happened."