Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Visitor

As Meta Knight roamed the castle halls with Sword Knight and Blade Knight, the air gave off an aura that felt as if someone was nearby. Meta Knight's suspiscions were correct as a sound was heard from the throne room. The three rushed towards the door to see the monster delivery machine turn on.

The rumbling from the machine got to the room Sonic was staying in, with Tiff, Tuff, Fololo, Falala, and Kirby with him.

"Gah! What was that?!"

"I don't know..." Tiff answered. "The only thing in the castle that could make that much noise is..."

She gasped mid-sentence. "The monster delivery machine in the throne room!"

Sonic jumped off his bed in surprise. "The WHAT?! You mean Dedede's getting another monster?!"

"Could be!" Tiff exclaimed, rushing to the door. "C'mon!"

Without hesitation, everyone in the room followed Tiff, with Sonic close behind her.

The machine teleported something into the room. The three knights unsheathed their swords, with Meta Knight in front of Sword and Blade. When the machine finally stopped, a strange figure stood in the center of it, the room still covered in darkness.

It appeared to be an anthropomorphic animal to Meta Knight. The shoes it was wearing made loud clunking noises as the newcomer stepped down to greet Meta Knight.

"Who are you?" Meta Knight asked, his guard up strongly.

"I don't have the time for you. Get out of my way. I'm looking for someone. They happened to have fallen into your world from a portal activated by a random influence of Chaos energy. I don't suppose you know of them, do you?"

His voice sounded masculine and gritty.

The figure stepped right in front of Meta Knight, as he summoned a glowing green spear in his hand that appeared to be made of pure energy. The light from the spear reflected off of golden rings around his wrists.

A glow from the flames of rockets on his shoes created a light that showed much more of the figure, with the newcomer having black quills with red stripes, red eyes, and a patch of white fur on his chest, with a brown bag strapped over his shoulder.

"I know he's around here somewhere. Now answer me. Where. Is. Sonic."

Meta Knight held his sword tightly, standing in a battle stance. "I do not know who you speak of."

The strange newcomer's eyes fixated on Meta Knight, anger in his expression. "It seems you are not willing to tell me easily. If you won't answer me, then I'll have to force the answers out of you."

Holding his spear with both hands, he slashed at Meta Knight. As Meta Knight blocked it with his Galaxia sword, Sword Knight and Blade Knight ran up and thrusted their swords at him. 

The newcomer pulled out a strange green gemstone from his bag.

"CHAOS BLAST!" A dome-shaped blast of green energy spread out from around him, enough to knock all three knights into the hall, the throne room doors bursting open.

The others had made their way out into the hall. Sonic stood by Tiff and Kirby as they saw the three knights blasted into the wall, with a strange newcomer now visible due to the moonlight shining on him.

Sonic realized who it was.

"No way... it can't be."

The newcomer spun around, seeing Sonic.