Chapter 3 - A Visit to Cappy Town

The town was full of bustling Cappies in their day-to-day lives. It amazed Sonic just how similar this was to life in places back home on Mobius. 

"So, where to first?"

Tuff pulled Sonic along. "Well, we could go see Mabel the fortune teller! Or Gengu's toy store!"

Sonic tried not to trip over from Tuff trying to drag him through Cappy Town.

Tiff looked over at the police station that they were walking past.

"Here's the police station! It's run by Cheif Bookum. He's Cappy Town's police cheif."

"Not to mention the only officer." Fololo added. "Wow, sounds like a rough job." Sonic replied.

Just then, a criminal dashed past, with a brown-mustached Cappy wearing a police uniform ran after him. "Hey! Stop! Get back here!"

"Well, that was weirdly coincidental." Sonic said after a moment of awkward silence. "So that's him?"

"Yeah, he's awesome. He even saved me from a volcano once! Well, with Kirby's help, of course."

"Poyo!" Kirby responded to Tuff's comment.

"Woah, that's pretty dangerous. Why were you in a volcano in the first place?" Sonic questioned, concerned about the siblings' safety.

"Well, it's a long story." Tuff replied, seemingly not wanting to go too much into it. Sonic shrugged. "Alright then. So, where are you planning on taking me first?"

Tuff shrugged. "Well, let's just see what we run into!"

"That's my kind of introduction, kiddo!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well gee, I didn't expect to see you kids out and about so early. And who's this with you? Doesn't look like any Cappy I've ever seen around here."

Tiff stepped up to the police cheif. "Cheif Bookum, this is Sonic the Hedgehog. Apparently he fell through a portal from another dimension."

Sonic outstretched his hand. "Nice to meetcha, Cheif."

Cheif Bookum shook his hand back. "The pleasure's all mine, Mr. Hedgehog."

"We're keeping Sonic under a low profile from Dedede. Who knows what could happen if he found out about Sonic?"

Bookum stroked his mustache in thought. "That's a mighty fine point, Tiff. His secret's safe with Cappy Town."

Tiff smiled. "Thanks, Cheif. Anyways, we're showing Sonic around Cappy Town so he can meet everyone here."

"And while we're at it, I might as well see if the Chaos Emerald I brought with me fell out here somewhere. I know my friend Knuckles isn't gonna be too happy if I come back to my world with one less Emerald."

"Well, I hope you enjoy your time here in Dreamland, Sonic. And I'll keep a look out for that 'Chaos Emerald' thingy."

"Thanks, Cheif."

The two exchanged handshakes before Bookum returned to the station.

"So, are there any resturaunts here? I could go for something to eat right about now."

Tuff got excited for a moment. "Yeah, plus we could introduce you to Chef Kawasaki! Just follow me! C'mon, Kirby!"

Kirby, upon hearing of a visit to Kawasaki's resturaunt, got excited and ran after Tuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And then, me and this edgy faker blow that big thing outta space!"