Chapter 4 - The Fight in Cappy Town

"SONIC, SLOW DOWN!!" Tiff yelled out amidsts the screams of her brother.

"Sorry, kiddo, going slow isn't really my thing."

Sonic screeched to a stop at Cappy Town. A large gray creature with a traditional Japanese-style mallet, a jutted-out jaw, and wearing a cloth held around its waist with a white rope stood within Cappy Town, smashing its mallet onto the town streets.

"Holy Chaos, that thing's the size of a Death Egg robot! Maybe bigger!"

Sonic couldn't help but look at the monster in shock, yet in a battle stance, ready to attack.

"Yeah, Smackdown! Mash them Cappies!"

Sonic turned around to notice a large car in the Cappy Town streets, with what looked like a giant blue penguin-thing wearing red, orange, and white robes. Next to him was a strange purple snail with a green shell.

"What the-"

Tiff quickly pulled him out of the line of sight.

"That's King Dedede and Escargoon! You can't let them see you!"

Bummed out, Sonic ducked behind a building. He sighed, annoyed he couldn't join the fight.

"Hmph, fine. But if that little puffball Kirby gets in a pickle out there, try and get those two out of the way or distract them. I'll help him out."

Tiff nodded in understanding. "I can still get the Warp Star, but if you say you're a hero of your world, you can help out. When Kirby's in a bind, Tuff and I will distract Dedede and Escargoon. Just stay here and make sure those two don't see you!"

"Got it. But don't get yourself into a heap of trouble. I'm stepping in if you two get so much as injured."

Tiff nodded, running out towards her brother.

The monster smashed down its hammer, pieces of the ground beneath its designated smashing area flying into the air.

"Kirby, suck up those rocks!"

Kirby followed Tiff's commands, and Sonic found it hard to believe how Kirby could inhale all those chunks of rock.

"Wow. Tokkori wasn't kidding about that thing's appetite."

Once Kirby inhaled all the chunks launched his way, he leapt into the air and seemed to change form, his pink skin turning to a strange stone brown, and an odd rock hat on his head.

"Yeah, Stone Kirby!" Tuff exclaimed.

"..Stone Kirby? Ok, that thing can eat stuff like rocks and transform? That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Lately."

However, the monster heard Tuff's exclamations, and slammed it's hammer near them, launching them into one of the nearby buildings.

"Tiff! Tuff!"

"Oh no!" Fololo and Falala cried out.

Sonic immediately got out of his hiding spot.

"That's it. I'm going in!"

"Wait, what about Dedede?" Falala asked.

"Distract him or something! I told Tiff if she and Tuff got injured, I'm gonna step in."

Fololo and Falala exchanged glances.

"We're gonna go check on Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby. Try to stay out of trouble!" Fololo responded.

Sonic shrugged. "Trouble's my middle name! But I'll try. Now, go check on the kids. I'll handle the monster."

Fololo and Falala nodded as they flew off towards Tiff and Tuff. With that, Sonic turned towards the monster, taking a step out of hiding.