Chapter 2 - Meeting The Star Warrior

Sonic awoke to a crack of light through the closet and his need for breakfast. As he peeked out of the closet, he noticed Tiff still asleep. Quietly sneaking out of the closet, he slowly walked over to the bedroom door. He turned to look at Tiff. He could take care of himself just fine, but he was very thankful for her hospitality. Since she must know this world better than him, it would be best to stay out of trouble for now.

But at the moment, what he really needed was breakfast.

Slowly sneaking out of Tiff's room, he made his way down the hall. He didn't know his way around, but he did have to hide in some corners to avoid being spotted by anything down the hall. He did catch a glimpse of a Waddle Dee, though, and tried his best to contain his laughter. They looked adorable, but he still took Tiff's word for it and avoided them.

However, while he was out in the hallway, he smelled something. It was sweet. 

Maple syrup?

He quickly dashed down the hall, but held back his speed as to not cause a lot of noise.

He followed the scent into the kitchen, where he spotted a Waddle Dee making pancakes.

'Huh, it WAS syrup. With a plate that size, must be for that King Dedede guy. But it doesn't look like I'll be able to get away with that much in the kitchen. Maybe I'll just have a few pancakes off of that pile and whatever small thing I can get from the fridge to go. I can't just stay cooped up in this castle, I need to go out and move! I think I saw some plains outside leading to a little tree and something farther away. I can probably go through there and stretch my legs for a little run over to there after I get a bite to eat.' Sonic thought to himself.

He hid behind the door as the Waddle Dee left the kitchen for a bit and walked down the hall.

Sonic dashed in and forked off some pancakes from the large stack. They were actually really good.

"Wow, cooking here is almost as good as back home!"

Sonic looked into the fridge, but a lot of food in there wasn't exactly for breakfast. Seemed more like lunch or dinner.

"Who keeps making tacos and hamburgers at this rate? Well, I eat chili dogs all the time, so I'm not really one to complain."

However, he accidentally nudged the plate of pancakes and caused them to fall over.

"Whoops. Eh, one of those 'Waddle Dees' or whatever they're called will clean it up."

As Sonic licked some of the syrup off of the fingers on his gloves, he walked out of the kitchen.

He walked over to one of the small windows, but as he turned around a bit, he noticed a little boy and two flying things near him.

The boy had his blue-edged hair over his eyes, and wore purple overalls. He seemed to have the same stature as Tiff. The little things floating next to him were each blue and pink, with the pink one having a little red bow. They had tiny feet and short arms with small hands, and big eyes.

"Woah, who are you?"

Sonic almost froze in place.

"Uh oh!"

Sonic jumped through the window and slid down the castle walls. There was a bit of a cliffside from where the castle was, but Sonic had jumped from tall heights before.

"Hey wait, where are you going! Wait up!"

But Sonic wasted no time. He jumped down from the cliffside onto the plains below.

Finally letting his speed loose, he dashed off, a dusty and cloud-like trail behind him.

The boy looked out the castle window at the trail the blue blur left behind.