Homesickness

This place is ideal really.  Really it is.  My landlord lives in a house on the upper end of the property a mile away.  My house is rustic and there's a smaller shed structure about 500 feet away down near to the small lake below.  I call it the Writer's Cottage. It's a perfect place to be alone with my thoughts and to do the writing I never had the time or space to do before. 

I feel like I have it all and yet I have a strange dis-ease about things.  I am not sure I am adjusting here.  The house is great.  The job is fine.  The people in town are friendly.  I talk to my parents who are very supportive and I talk with my friends back in the city.  I have my privacy and help is a mile away if I need it. 

The pace is very different here.  It's screams to me HOW QUIET IT IS!!!!

Thoreau's book WALDEN is on the shelf in the livingroom.  I suppose the landlord left it here to provide ambience.  There's an old soft leather bible here too, and a few other well-worn books.  I take Walden off the shelf and thumb through it.  I don't know HOW Henry David could LIVE that way for so long, so long ago.  I don't understand it.  I could never do it!  I can't even get through his book!  I guess he was in Massachusetts somewhere.  These places all feel the same.  

What's missing?  What's wrong with me?  

I miss my life.  I don't know what this is that I am living, but this life, it's not mine!