Addicted to Adrenalin

I talk with Jane on the phone tonight.  She's my best friend and she can tell by my voice that I am not happy.  "What's wrong Sarah?  It's not like you.  You're always so upbeat.  What's going on?"  

"I don't know.  I feel homesick I guess.  I don't know what it is.  I feel depressed.  I've never felt depressed before but I can only imagine that this is what depression feels like." 

Jane says "I know what's wrong Sarah.  You've been addicted to the most dangerous substance of all; it's called adrenalin."  

 My life has been running me here and there in constant motion.  ForEver!  My mind has been in constant thinking-mode, "DO"ing-mode every hour of every day of the week.  For my whole life.  Jane may be right about this. 

"You're in the mountains to decompress.  I think it's God's plan for you." she says "You're reprogramming yourself.  You'll be okay." 

Later I research adrenalin and addiction on the internet.   I learn of how many of us are wearing ourselves out.  We don't know how to relax, living off our adrenalin!  Adrenalin is designed for back-up, not for normal living. Wow, there are so many Type-A personalities in the world! 

I think most of them live in New York City... and one of them now lives up here in the boondocks.