Chapter 5

I tensed up, my fists clenched, I was angry. I sat quiet for a minute trying to contain my anger. But then it happened all my anger came out. Not as rage but as tears, I burst into tears. Owen turned his head and saw me crying. Fortunately we were at his house now and he turned off the engine and quickly got out the car. He ran around to my side, I undid my seatbelt, and he opened the door. I got out and just hugged him; I wrapped my arms around him. He had his hands on my back and he made me feel safe. I was still crying after about a minute, he moved one hand up to my head and stroked my hair. This calmed me down quite quickly. We stood there for a little while even after I had calmed down. I pulled away from him and looked up into his eyes. He had tears in his eyes too, but he lifted the hand he had on my head up and onto my face and wiped away the last of the tears. I looked straight into his eyes.

“Why are you upset baby?” I whispered.

“Because you are babe, I hate knowing I can’t do anything to make you feel better and I don’t even know what’s wrong. You mean so much to me Elle. I didn’t ever think I could love someone like I love you” he said as a tear rolled down his cheek. He looked straight into my eyes. I put my hand on his face and wiped away the tears, just like he did to me. He lifted my hand off his face and kissed it. I smiled, he smiled. We walked together toward his front door, number twelve. Owen put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his keys and unlocked the door. He gestured to let me go first so I did. Owen then walked in and shut the door behind him. I had stood and waited for him; he brushed past me and got hold of my hand as he did so. He guided me through his house and sat me down in his living room.

“Right wait here, I’ll be back in a sec” he told me. I nodded at him as he left the room. My phone bleeped as he left. I got it out my pocket and looked at it. It was him, again.

Remember what I said. You have until Sunday to say yes otherwise you’ll have a problem. I’ll be your problem. And I will not stop being your problem until you give up and admit that you love me. Because I know you do its obvious. You sit in class and daydream about me. You look into the air completely mesmerised by me. I do it too. I dream about you, about us. And that dream will become a reality or else. Remember I’ll be your problem if you don’t say yes.

This threw me over the edge. I couldn’t think I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing. There were some scissors on the table in Owen’s living room. I picked them up and stood there emotionless. I’d cried enough today, I had no tears left. I opened up the scissors; I looked at my phone again. The door opened, it was Owen. But I didn’t move I stood there looking at my phone with a pair off scissors in my hand. I think he had worked out what had happened. From the corner of my eye he walked towards me. But still I did not move. With one hand he put his hand on my elbow. I jumped and tried to step back, but with his other hand he grabbed hold of the scissors. He managed to prize them out of my hand; I didn’t have much energy so it wasn’t hard for him at all. He took them and put them down on the other side of the room. He sat me down on the sofa and he kneeled down in front of me.

“Give me your phone” he said sternly. I didn’t argue I just gave him my phone. He looked through the messages from my ex. “He’s been saying this to you!?” he exclaimed. I nodded. “He does know that we’re together right?” he asked.

“No, nobody knows. Do you really think they would believe me when I told them I was going out with a beautiful, fit, handsome, hot rugby player? Because I don’t…” I replied quietly.

“Right well its Wednesday today, on Friday I’ll come into school with you all day, and then people can know. And then they have to believe it. Because it’s right in front of their faces.” He said.

“You won’t be allowed into school!” I exclaimed.

“I’ll sort it out so I can be, I’m not letting this freak hurt you” he said reassuringly.

“You won’t be allowed…!” I replied, even though I desperately wanted him to be with me.

“Look I will, because I’ll donate money to the school or something so then I can spend the day there. I am not letting him do ANYTHING to you” he said firmly. I looked at his face; I could tell he was serious. He had the look on his face that he had just before he was about to kick a conversion or a penalty in a game. The look that I loved.