Chapter 7

“Because of him is that why we haven’t kissed yet?” he asked as he moved to look at my face.

“Yeah. I’m so so sorry. He’s ruined everything for me. I mean it’s been two weeks and we haven’t kissed yet. I cut myself up about that too.” I whispered.

“What? You mean today wasn’t just out of the blue? You self-harm?” he asked. I just nodded whilst I pulled up my sleeve. He looked at my arm. He looked at my face and I could see a tear in his eye.

“Don’t be upset, please, it isn’t worth it Owen” I whispered.

“This is worth more than anything I’ve ever done…” he said quietly.

“Believe me it isn’t. I promise you it isn’t” I replied. He looked at me and shook his head.

“You are worth more than any girl on this earth” he said. Then I shook my head at him.

“No, no I’m not” I whispered. I looked down at the floor now. I saw his hand come up towards my face. I looked back up at him, he leant towards me and softly kissed my cheek, and then he whispered into my ear and said:

“When you’re ready, I’ll be waiting, but I’m not going to force you. I’m not going to be like him” he put his arms around me and gave me a hug.

“I think… I’m ready” I replied. He pulled out of the hug to look at my face. His expression seemed to say ‘Are you sure?’ I said nothing; I just leant toward his face a little. Then he leant towards me until our heads were touching. From then on it was magic. Our lips slowly pressed against each others, softly and carefully. It was a thing of beauty, I’d never felt like that before. So safe, so calm, so inviting. As we finished the kiss and pulled out I couldn’t help but smile. Owen smiled as well.

“I love you Elle” he said.

“I love you more Owen” I replied. He shook his head but I nodded back and gave him ‘the’ look. He laughed but shook his head again. I laughed too.

“I’m going to make sure I’m with you on Friday. And I’m not taking no for an answer!” he said.

“I can handle it, it’ll be fine” I replied.

“Babes, clearly you can’t because look at what happened today!” he said as he got up.

“Yeah but, oh shush. I can, today was just a bad day.” I replied as he helped me up.

“Babe, I know you think you can and you can deal with a lot of things on your own I know you can, but this is one of those things I have to help you with. I’m not letting you get hurt anymore.” He said firmly. All I did was nod. I didn’t want to argue with him, because when Owen says he is going to do something that rarely changes. He put his hands on my back, we were stood very close but I was sort of leaning back to see his face because he is a fair bit taller than me. I had my hands on his arms, I loved his arms. They were so strong and manly, yet they were delicate and gentle. We stood there staring into each others eyes; I could get lost looking into his eyes. I wanted to kiss him again; I think he wanted to do the same. We both leaned in toward each other at the same time and our lips joined, interlocking perfectly, Owen moved one hand up to the back of my head, and I moved one hand further up his arm. At this point he tensed his arm and it felt amazing. This was my first real kiss, it felt so natural. It felt so normal, almost as if I had been doing it all my life. But now I was doing it with him, I didn’t want to do it with anyone else. We finished the kiss and he just pulled me close into a hug.