The Creature's Kill

The friends danced and celebrated for ten days straight, they danced, not stoping because of the people. Though the people who thought that Viva was dead. Viva was just Viva now. She was no longer the sister of the east. She was Viva to the people. And she celebrated and laughed like all the others. She was concered one of them. Lief told the people in the exact words, "The Sister of the East is dead." Everyone celebrated and during the ten days, crops and the land's earth became healthy once more. Even if Viva was alive, she sang the trees and all the living things back to the land. And she laughed as Lief and her danced together. Kyoya and Cora weren't ever seen for most nights, and Lief never questioned. Jasmine stayed outside talking to Filli and Kree. When Lief finally got the chance to rest, Jasmine came up to him and urge him to come outside. Lief did her biding and went out side to see two black birds. 

   "Ebony" Lief said, as he reconized the bird next to Kree. Lief saw a note attached to Ebony and stared. 

   Lief and the friends got onto horses that Lindall offered and they were all dressed differenantly. Lief looked at his friends and saw that only Cora, Viva, and Jasmine had to keep their hair tucked away. Cora had no problem with that, she just simply tucked her pony tail under her red bandana and looked like Lief's brother. Jasmine and Viva though, did not like the idea of puting their hair under a cap that Lindall offered. Kyoya was the only one who did not want to get rid of anything on him. His pony tail was still hanging after the millions of times Lindall insisted that he cut it. Kyoya refused the millions of times. Lief sighed and looked at Lindall. 

   "No one will reconized you six now. You all are now people of Broome." She said. 

   "Thank you, Lindall. We will be sure to keep your horses safe." Lief said. 

   The friends then turned north and began to make their way to the Shadow Gate. 

   Lief looked back at Barda. "It's getting dark out...." Lief said. 

   "Yes. We should stop for the night." Barda said. 

   The others agreed and got down from their horses. Kyoya paused as his feet touched the ground. Lief looked at him. 

   "What is it?" Lief asked. 

   "I see something, up ahead." Kyoya whispered. 

   The friends looked forward, but saw nothing. Lief, Cora, Jasmine, Spyro and Barda did not judge, but Viva, who did not understand, snapped at Kyoya. 

    "See what? I see nothing! Just a black forest!" Viva said. 

    Kyoya looked at her calmly. Viva was still mad at him for trying to kill her back in Broome. He understood but was there a way to make Viva like him? Kyoya sighed and explain. 

    "My senses are much sharper then normal so I am able to see things that you cannot." Kyoya said. 

    Viva scoffed but said nothing else. Lief and the friends walked up to a ditch and stared. It was really deep. Lief looked up and saw a faint light in the forest and he stared. 

   "Someone else is in the forest, let us leave them be." Barda said. 

   Lief felt something in his head that did not feel right to him. He held the back of his head in pain and he looked around. Viva looked around as well. "Flora....." She whispered. 

     "Who goes there?" Boomed a voice. 

    Lief looked around and saw a faint light get brighter and brighter, and Lief then looked at the others and urged the others to go into the ditch. Viva, on the other hand, refused. 

    "Are you kidding me? I am not geting dirty!" Viva said. 

    "There is no time to argue. Get down!" Lief said and they jumped into the ditch. Lief's head was still aching with pain and Lief looked up to see a torch light in someone's hand. And his face..........it was a face of a pig. Lief stared in horror. It looked so real. Lief stared and saw the small eyes looking around with cation. Then it looked down and it saw them. 

      "I see you." It said. 

    Lief stared frozen to the spot he stand at and Lief stared again. Viva gave a gasp and Lief looked up and saw another masked thing, only its eyes gleamed white. Lief stared as the creature grabed hold onto the pig man and stangled him until they both fell in and the creature disapeared. The pig man on the other hand layed limp and Lief stared at him. Jasmine began to search for things on him and she found a flyer. 

    "His name is Otto and he seems to be a act of some sort." She said. 

   Lief looked at her and stared. Viva looked at Lief. 

   "My sister, she was here!" Viva said. 

   Lief looked at her and stared. But before he could speak and sharp voice spoke up and the friends looked up from the ditch. 

   "You are not wise to be venturing near the masked ones, spies!" Said a owl man and Lief looked at his friends. Lief was pulled out of the ditch and he felt himself being checked for anything. Lief hung his head down in shame and felt himself being draged away from the ditch into the woods. Lief didn't dare to show his face. Viva struggled against them and thrashed until she finally gave up and looked forward. Her sister had come and she didn't know why. She came and killed someone, but Viva didn't understand. All she knew was that she was going to face something she probally didn't want to face. Cora the whole time kept silent. She didn't want to speak. 

   Kyoya looked around in disgust as he saw people in animal faces and they were looking at them. The friends were held down by the people who took them away and they kneeled before a cart with a woman with a face of another Owl. 

    "Bess. Tas ar ta kang's spas! Tay war fand atsad af ar bardar. And Otto was kallad!" said the bird man. 

    "Na! Tat cannat ba! Otto as dad?" The woman, Bess said. 

    Lief frowned. They are replacing the vowels with a and taking the h away from th. Clever. He thought. 

   "Lat ma cat tar tarts!" Bess said. 

   "Lief, show her your face! Show her who you are!" Kyoya said. Lief felt himself being lift and he stared. 

   Show her your face.........show her who you are......he thought. He slowly lifted his head and looked at the woman siting in the chair. The woman, knife in hand gasped and the knife droped. 

    "Bede, ma san!" Bess said. 

    Bede, my son! Lief stared. 

    Viva groaned as she understood what Bess said. This is going to be a long night! She thought.