Flora's guide

The friends sat together, a small fire going in front of them as the village bell began to chime nine, while Steven had poured hot tea into all of their cups. He refused to go after the Masked Ones.
"They would not have touched the Belt." He said, firmly. "To them, its a evil thing. They learn to hate it from the cradle."
"Why?" Lief asked, his voice sounding more clearer but still rough. He felt better after drinking the Queen Bee honey Steven put in his tea.
He now knew the reason, it was because of last night. Just before midnight, he had screamed in agony. Screamed and screamed...
"Later, I will give you something that explained the Masked Ones a little," said Steven, pushing a streaming cup into his hands. "For now, forget them and think about the ordinary fold who were traveling with them."
Lief stared at them while sipping his tear. He then stared at the swarm of bees on the fence at the far edge of the field. He let his mind drift, knowing that it was best not to force his memory.
Memories were flowing in his head that he remembered, but nothing from when the moment the clock striking twelve was returning back to him. The only thing he knew was what his friends had told him. And what happened with his face... He already saw what he looked like now. He felt a cold shiver run down his spine, shuddering, wondering how narrow he had just escaped if he kept the mask on any longer. How he nearly became a bird-man from the life like mask, maybe just a few seconds more...
Viva sighed and closed her eyes. "There was no one else that was there when Jasmine and Barda were taking the mask off. I know that for a fact. I watched it all, plus I knew that our masks were enchanted Lief. I felt its magic..."
Lief frowned. "So why didn't you say anything about it?"
Viva's hair flared up and she turned her face to him. "Because I was under that same spell!" She snapped and Lief slowly retreated back. Viva sighed again and she closed her eyes once more with her hair finally dying down. "For whatever reason, I felt like there was something pulling me from both sides. One side telling me that staying with the people was a good idea and that I should enjoy the life that was going on there, but then another side telling me I didn't belong there and that if I stayed I wouldn't be able to accomplish my goal." She sighed. "At least I took the right path and not the one that told me to stay."
Lief stared at her, his face kept calm. Then he recalled a moment when Viva spoke about a boy that had ran him over one day. "Hey, Viva? Who was that boy you told me about? You know the kid who shoved me over when he was running away with that honey?"
Viva blinked and stared at him. "Who? Zerry? What about him?"
Cora tilted her head. "Who's this Zerry?"
Viva stared and her eyes widen. "OF COURSE!" She exclaimed. "Zerry must've taken the belt when he shoved you over!!"
Lief nodded and smiled. "When you told me that you felt something pulling you from opposite ends, I remembered that I was having that same problem! I was confused because I was thinking one thing and then I was thinking another. I thought I belonged there. Then Zerry came along and suddenly the confusion was gone."
Viva nodded. "Along with the belt."
Lief nodded slowly, watching the bees all hover over an area and not near a fence. He began to feel lightheaded but continued to speak through the headache.
"Well if Zerry is the reason then he is still running on foot to god knows where." Jak replied. "He knew what he was after and all the while with the panicking, he ran off in fear."
Cora stared at him. "but where could he have gone?"
Lief pointed to the bees. "the bees know." He replied and his friends turned to look at the bees. "Zerry was covered in honey the last time I saw him. The bees know where he is. All we have to do is follow them, they'll lead us straight to him, wherever Zerry ran off to."
Viva smiled at him. "Then we have a kid to catch!" She replied.
But when she did, Lief fell over in exhaustion and watched the fire crackle in front of him as his eyes slowly closed out the surrounding noises.

Opening his eyes again he was staring up at stars, all a lined in patterns. With this, he sat up and found the open field he wandered off to when Flora spoke to him about the mask. He quickly looked around and stared in surprise, looking for the kind girl he met within his dream.
Flora! Where are you? Lief called.
Lief... You look terrible... A voice rang out and he quickly turned his head to find her, standing perfectly still with her hands in front of her light pink dress that she wore. Lief stared and his eyes widen in surprise as he found bruises and scratches on her body.
Flora! What happened to you!? He exclaimed as he ran forward and held her shoulders gently. Flora stared at him and the eyes that use to be kind and gentle were now filled with fear and terror.
I was punished for trying to help you when you had the mask on. I fear that with Viva gone from her location, the Shadow Lord only gets angrier. Flora muttered as she looked up to him and Lief found the tears forming in her eyes.
Lief quickly embraced her and she let her sob gently in his shoulder. Its ok, I will find you, and I will make sure that you will be set free from Shadow Lord's iron grip. You deserve to be free. I will save you. Lief reassured and Flora's sobs slowly died down.
You're too kind, Lief... I hope you know this well. Flora replied and she looked up at him. Lief, listen to my words and pray you will understand them. Messages are sent through secret identities. But even those words are stated clearly. You will find who you search for and the man that has the treasure you seek. Be cautious however, for a wrong move will be your fall. Follow the creatures who smell the hidden trail. There you will find the path you must take. Be quick, dear Lief, for eyes are everywhere.
Lief stared at her but nodded. I promise Flora, I promise you will be free! Lief told her but she simply smiled at him.
And when I am, then I will be happy that you were the one who freed me from my prison. Flora replied and she touched his face gently with her hand. I do wish to see you up close and not through dreams.
Flora removed her hand and suddenly she faded away from his vision. Staring out at the open, he could still feel her spirit still hanging in the air. Where do I go from there? he asked.
Flora's gentle laugh sounded the air. Don't worry, you'll figure it out! You have your friends and my sisters so there's no need to feel lost.
Then her voice left the air and her presence was no longer around. Lief turned his face up to the sky and stared at the stars until finally darkness covered his sight and he was left alone.