Chapter 5: Harmony's desire

Melody

I couldn't believe that I'm actually a real mermaid, I never thought it would be real, I don't want to be a human forever!

I swam towards Morgana with a tight hug, "Oh, thank you! Thank you so much for giving me a mermaid tail, Morgana. " 

She was weeping , "What's wrong?"

"I'm so irresponsible. It's all hopeless. Undertow, is there nothing we can do?"

I was confused of her saying, but it doesn't sound like it's a good thing. 

She turns to me, "Oh, Melody, I'm afraid, that potion isn't a forever spell." 

That gave me a shocking realization that my tail wouldn't be a tail much longer, I would be turned back into an ordinary girl! 

"Please, I don't want to be turned back into an ordinary girl! Is there another possible way that I can stay a mermaid?"

"Oh, there is no hope! But maybe there is a way. " 

As she was about to reply, a mermaid appears with a bright red tail. 

She looks like me! except for her hair color.

"Mom! I want to go beyond the lair! I want to explore the surface world Oh, am I interrupting something?"

"Harmony, sweetie, you can't go beyond the lair and that's final!" Morgana said in a stern voice as Harmony was about to cry as she swam away from us. 

"What was that about?" I asked the sea witch in a curious tone. 

"She's always like this, kid. Trust me." Undertow explains, but I'm more concerned about transforming back into a normal teenager. 

"There is one way, oh, but's far too dangerous!" Morgana said as I grew curious. 

"Wait, what's too dangerous?" I ask. 

Morgana said, sitting up, "Well, I can make the spell much longer, if I got my magic Trident, but it was stolen years ago, by an manic, and there is no one who can help me." 

This could be my lucky break, as I said, suggesting, "Maybe I can get it back for you!" 

"You would do that for me?" The sea witch asks. 

I swam towards her, "If I do, can you make me a mermaid, forever?"

"Longer if you like. " Morgana said as she gives me a map, "Here is where the scoundrel lives."

My eyes widen, "Wait, Atlantica? It really exists?!?" 

The Sea Witch replies, "Of course it exists, dear. Who told you it didn't existed?"

It took me a while to answer, remembering my mother. 

"My.. Mother." I replied. 

"Oh, I'm sure she has some sort of secret." 

I rolled my eyes, "As if. I'll bring back the Trident, you can count on me!" 

I swam away from the lair as fast my tail can carry me. 

Harmony

Uh, I couldn't understand why my mom doesn't want me to go to the surface! It's not fair.

As I was frustrated , I bumped into Melody, who was riding on top of a whale?

"Melody?" I ask, "Why you riding on top of a whale like that?"