03

Morning came far too early for Mycah.

It seemed as though just an hour ago he was slinking into bed, full after a barbecue and threatening to push Arden down the stairs.

To say Mycah Rhodes was not a morning person would be a gross understatement.

It seemed though, to Mycah's ever growing bad luck, that Arden was in fact a morning person. Yet another reason for Mycah to dislike the boy.

Arden zipped around the room, humming under his breath, opening and closing drawers. The noise had Mycah gritting his teeth. Would it be so hard to get some silence around here?

"Can you shut the fuck up over there? Some of us are trying to sleep." He eventually said, no longer able to hold his silence.

"It's eleven o'clock Mycah." Arden snorted, continuing to bustle around the room. Mycah was sure Arden had raised his volume level on purpose. That prick.

Eventually deciding that if he couldn't have sleep, he was at least going to have food, Mycah hauled himself out of bed. He trudged over to the bathroom, grabbing his bag of toiletries as he went.

He took in his appearance in the mirror. His light brown skin, a result of having a white mother and black father, looked fresh after his long sleep. Even though it didn't feel like a very long sleep. His hair was a little messy, but nothing that a quick shower couldn't fix.

He hopped into the shower, the warm spray succeeding in waking him up. By the time he emerged from the shower, he no longer felt as though he had been hit by a truck. Progress.

Grabbing the glass of water on his bedside table, he popped the required pills from his bag before swallowing them down with a gulp of water.

Rifling through his suitcase, he grabbed a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, getting changed quickly into the light clothes before making his way downstairs.

He made his way around the kitchen, stacking up his plate with everything that caught his eye. Arden watched him from the counter, mouth agape at the sheer amount of food Mycah seemed to be shoveling onto his plate.

Mycah stalked over to the counter and took the seat across from Arden, oblivious to the other boy's incredibility.

"Are you sure you've got enough food there?" Arden eventually spoke, voice heavy with sarcasm. Mycah looked up, meeting Arden's wide eyed expression staring at the small mountain of food.

"Trynna watch my figure." Mycah replied through a mouth full of food, and Arden wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Keep eating like that and you'll be watching it explode."

"At least I wouldn't have to be stuck with you anymore."

"Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you through the hunk of bread in your mouth."

"I hope you choke on your cereal."

"Unlikely. See Mycah, some of us know how to eat without resembling a wild pig." Arden replied, picking up his now empty bowl and dropping it into the kitchen sink.

Mycah didn't bother grace Arden with a reply, instead just rolling his eyes and returning his attention to his food.

-

"Mycah I swear to god if your not down here on the next twenty seconds I'm leaving without you." Arden shouted up the stairs.

Mycah rolled his eyes in annoyance, shoving his feel into a pair of flip flops before grabbing his rucksack and heading downstairs.