20

- 5 weeks later -

The vacation had come to an end, and it was with a sigh that Arden packed the last of his things into the red duffel bag, his suitcase already waiting by the door.

They were due to leave for the airport in just over an hour, and Arden shook his head in disbelief at the boy lying on the bed opposite him.

"Mycah?" he scowled, taking in the other boys empty suitcase and clothes strewn all over the floor.

"Arden?" mimicked Mycah, not tearing his eyes off the sports weekly magazine in his hand. Although he hadn't turned the page in a few minutes and Arden was convinced Mycah was looking at the magazine solely to admire the hot sports stars.

Arden simply rolled his eyes, well used to the cheeky replies he had grown accustomed to many years ago. "Are you planning on packing up anytime soon?"

Mycah groaned, flinging himself backwards on the bed dramatically. "Ardennnnnn..." he whined, sounding like a sulky toddler. The magazine lay discarded on the floor.

"Mycah we're leaving in an hour, and you have nothing ready," scolded Arden.

"I hate packing."

"I know."

"And I'm bad at it."

"I don't care."

Mycah turned to Arden, giving him the biggest and most pleading puppy dog eyes he could.

"No way," said Arden.

"I didn't even say anything!" protested Mycah innocently.

"You didn't have to! Your face said it all!" Arden exclaimed. "Not happening!"

"Please?"

"No."

"Ardennnn"

"Nope. No way. I told you three days ago that I wasn't going to do this for you."

"But Arden, I've been so nice to you since then. And I'm so cute. And someone as cute as me needs help packing up." Mycah pleaded again, kneeling up on the bed and wrapping his arms around Arden's waist, staring up at him with his bottom lip jutted out and puppy dog eyes.

Arden faltered. He hesitated, going back and forth between his internal conflict of not wanting to let Mycah have his way, whilst simultaneously knowing that he couldn't truly resist Mycah. Eventually he let out a groan, dropping his head into his hands.

Mycah's face broke out in a cheeky grin. "You're the best," he grinned, leaning up to place a kiss on Arden's lips. "Besides, if you think about it, the quicker we pack the more time we have for other things.." he trailed off with a smirk.

Arden fought back a smile. "Do you ever think of anything other than food and sex?" he asked.

"Absolutely," said Mycah. "I think of you, and your little nose, and your big strong hands, and how cute they would look putting my things into a suitcase."

"Remind me why I put up with you again?" Arden sighed.

"Because I'm hot, and funny, and cute, and way out of your league..." Mycah joked, and Arden shoved him back by the shoulder.