08

You've got to be fucking kidding me." He growled, glaring at Arden.

Leona looked confused at first before realizing that it was Arden, not her, that Mycah was addressing.

She slinked by, dropping into the space beside Connor.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Arden hissed, glowering right back at Mycah.

"Me? What the fuck are you doing here?" Mycah replied, bewildered.

"I'm friends with Leona and Connor." Arden shot back. "Why are you here?"

"I'm gonna take a wild guess that this is Mycah." Leona interrupted with an amused grin.

Beside her Connor tried, and failed, to hold in a snort of laughter.

"And I can assume you're Leona?" Mycah replied.

"One and the same." She answered with a smile, which he reciprocated. A smile which promptly fell once he remembered Arden standing behind him.

"Oh boy, this is hilarious." She said, noticing the foul glare that Mycah was throwing at Arden. This time Connor didn't even try to hide his amusement.

"Someone want to tell us what's going on?" Katie piped up, herself and Felix sitting oblivious.

"Does telling you that I'm Arden answer your question?" Arden huffed, turning to face the twins.

Both their mouths dropped open, before bursting out laughing so simultaneously that it was almost scary.

"You can bet it does." Felix answered when he managed to regain his composure.

"I'm glad you guys all find this so amusing. But if you don't mind, I need to have a word with Arden." Mycah scowled, grabbing onto Arden's arm and pulling him away. He ignored the other boy's protests as he dragged him a few meters away to talk privately.

"Let go of my fucking arm Mycah." Arden hissed, whipping it away.

They had reached their destination — the side of one of the kiosks selling some cheap party game. Until, of course, Katie and Felix started winking and making obscene gestures and Mycah pulled around around the back so he wouldn't have to see them.

Which, obviously, earned them a chorus of wolf whistles and hoots from the group.

Mycah rolled his eyes, snapping his head up to begin his argument with Arden.

But wait..

Mycah blinked. Surely he was seeing things. Was Arden blushing?

"The fuck's up with you?" He said bluntly.

Arden's head snapped up to face him fully. "What are you talking about?"

Mycah stared at him uncertainly. "Are you blushing?"

Arden's brows immediately furrowed with confusion. "What are you fucking talking about Mycah?"

"Your cheeks. They're red." Mycah deadpanned.

"They're flushed, you idiot. I've been drinking." Arden said, leaving Mycah momentarily feeling stupid.

"Whatever. We need to talk."

"You don't say." Arden replied dryly.

"You need to find new friends." Mycah stated, brutally honest as usual.

"You can fuck yourself. I've been talking to Leona and Connor with the last couple of days. You just met them, so you can find new friends." Arden hissed.