Chapter 2

It was three o’clock in the morning. The sun was still asleep and nowhere near close to awakening. But I like always couldn’t sleep. I found myself tossing and turning on my bed. I guess I felt bad for what I said to Justin. I know he didn’t mean to be an asshole or maybe he did.  

I heard heavy footsteps approaching my door. I quickly turned to my side and pretended to be asleep. Then the door opened. 

“Sage?”  Said Justin.

“Sage I know you’re awake…”

I rolled my eyes and turned to my other side and looked right at him. Oh my god! He’s totally drunk and… naked…well he has boxers on…but I’ve never seeing him like that. I quickly rushed to his side and took a deep breath.

“Let’s go to the living room” I said calmly and walked him over to the living room couch. I sat next to him. “Why are you drinking?” I asked in concern.

“I never wanted…this…I didn’t mean any harm. I actually like you…you know” he stuttered through his words. But I grew even more in shock as he kept talking. “I always saw your picture on cover of magazines and…I just got butterflies in my stomach. I got nervous when people mentioned you. I even…blushed sometimes. That was before us you know. Then Julie realized I had a small crush on you…and she came up with this big plan. And I-“

I cut him off. I felt bad and my eyes were tearing up. “Justin I-“but of course he continues anyways.

“I know you hate me…but I’m not that bad I swear. Please…please give me a chance and if you don’t ever love me like…I love-“

I took a deep breath and said “I’ll do it. But Julie cannot take any part in this. We make our own plans.” He nodded in disbelieve. I gave him a weak smile and kissed him on the cheek. I felt sorry for him, I knew he wasn’t a “Bad guy” I mean paparazzi and Julie made him that way. But deep down inside he’s good if not he wouldn’t be so sad and depressed over such a small argument. But I guess most of thisis my fault. I never really tried in this relationship ever since I was told we were just pretending for the publicity that we were going to receive. I guess I rebelled and locked myself away. Never really tried to understand him or get to know him, I just assumed things. But then the song he showed me earlier came to my head and now that I stop being self fish and stubborn I realize it was a really good song.

“Let’s go record that song” I said out of nowhere. He looked at me in shock.

“My song?” he asked puzzled.

“Yeah” with a huge smile I rushed him into the bathroom and dressed him. Yes I dressed him and hurried him out the door.

We arrived at the studio in less than twenty minutes. Everyone looked at us a little weird since it was five o’clock in the morning and we looked like we just got driven over by a bus.

“Hand me the lyrics.” I demanded.

“But we have nothing prepared” said Justin.

“The best songs are made with no fabrication” I stated and Justin smiled. Improvisation in a track makes the best music. The mistakes make them memorable. But when those mistakes are fixed they’re made perfect and sometimes perfect isn’t what it need.

He set everything up. He was great when it came to working at a studio; he knew exactly what each button meant and did. He knew how to tilt the microphone so your voice didn’t sound out of whack or too loud or too timid. He did everything all I did was sing and play the guitar, some suggestions here and there but not really much.

It took two hours to lay down a track before we actually got to record the lyrics but I learned the words to his song very well and we even came up with the title along the way. It was going to be called “Come and go” which to us was a pretty damn genius title. Once Justin’s friend, Benjamin or Ben arrived we began to record.

Justin of course began to sing the chorus first.

“You need to get outta here

You need to get away with me

We gotta go somewhere

Somewhere to be free…”

He left me breathless that on that very last note I almost forgot it was my turn to sing. But I automatically began to sing without noticing.

“I've had it with this old grey town

I've had it everyday

I've had it with the cold and damp

I've gotta get away

I know I need something new

I know I need a break

I wanna get away with you

Come and go at daybreak”

Then he sang some more with his…beautiful voice. But then we came together in harmony and I realized we sounded perfect together.

“Don't want to grow old and die

Without ever breaking free

And you say that you love me

And I say I love you”

And by now we were just having fun with the song and I began to smile and so did he, he even added a line to it which made me add too it too.

Let's run at our future girl

And start life anew” he sang and I finished it.

“Let’s run at our future boy

And start life a new…”

            Ben stood up from his seat and began to clap once we finished. We both broke out into laughter. It was good for the first recording and I even liked the lines we added it was an amazing addition to the song. Of course it wasn’t the only recording we did. We were perfectionist and we recorded it about ten more times until we ended with the perfect sound. Then we added us playing the guitar, we finished the song by the end of the day. It was around eight o’clock at night and we actually had a great time recording and producing the song.

I actually survived an entire day with him without wanting to tear him apart. It was nice for once. I guess it was me all along and all I really needed to do was let go and just go with the flow. Maybe all these past months wouldn’t have been so hard; maybe I would have actually had fun if I wasn’t being so harsh on him.

“We should do a battle” said Ben.

I looked at him strangely but laughing. “What?”

“Yeah battle each other but with song lyrics” said Justin.

“Ha-ha okay. You start.” I said with a smile. I liked the idea. But come on. We all knew I was going to win.