Nothing Without Family

Tamara’s POV: I woke up with the sunshine in my face, so I turned around to block out the sun and tried to go back to sleep but it didn’t work, the sun had woke me up so I flickered my eyes until they adjusted to the light before opening them to see my husband passed out on the bed, fast asleep. I smiled as I stroked his hair softly, he must have come in real late last night. I decided to head downstairs and leave him to sleep before Zakia comes running in like she does every morning.

I kissed his check before getting out of bed, putting my slippers and dressing gown on before leaving the room as quiet as I could and then making my way down stairs to see Zakia on the couch eating breakfast and watching SpongeBob, I wonder who made her food? I smiled walking over to her even though I didn’t have to get far before she realized and ran into my arms screaming “MOMMY!!” I picked her up surrounding her with kisses while she hugged me so tight with her arms around my neck. “shhhh not so loud baby, ok? Daddy is still sleeping”, she looked at me with her hand over her mouth. “sorry momma”. My baby girl just has a face you can’t be mad at for very long. “Its fine baby girl, finish up your food ok? Where’s Tay?”

I put Zakia down and she ran back to eat her food as she replied to me with a mouthful “he’s in the kitchen.” I nodded at her pulling my dressing gown tighter around me before making my way into the kitchen to see 3 plates resting on the counter with Bacon, Eggs, Beans, Toast, Sausage and Bacon along with 3 glasses of orange juice. I looked deeper into the kitchen to see Tayshaun turning off the stove and putting everything in the sink. “I hope your not leaving that for momma to clean up”, I said smirking and putting my hand on my hip.

I watched Tayshaun turn around and smile before pulling me into a hug and kissing my cheek. “of course not momma I’ll get it after we eat.” I pulled away as I sat at the counter and Tayshaun handed me a Knife and Fork before putting a smile across his face “Enjoy momma” he said kissing my cheek again before tucking into his food too. Tayshaun was telling about this school project that him and Jason had been working on and just then we heard a semi loud yawn travel from the top of the stairs to the bottom before entering the kitchen, at first I thought Craig had woken up until I was a pair of light brown eyes and chocolate brown hair come in my vision. It was Jason.

“Jay hunny keep it down a little, your dad came home late last night, he’s still asleep” I said to him as he hugged me tight also planting a kiss on my cheek before sitting next to Tayshaun and pulling a plate towards him. “Sorry mom,I didn’t realize” he said covering his mouth before tucking into his food also, Tayshaun collected his and mine’s plates before taking them to the sink and starts to wash them up. “Yeah momma if I knew dad was home I would have made him food”, it just warmed my heart to be surrounded by such loveable and wonderful family around mine, I got up and walked around to him and kissed his cheek before hugging him from the side “awww what would I do without my baby huh? I love you so much” I said ruffing up his hair before finishing up my drink and putting in the sink also. “I love you too momma” Tay said grinning at me.

“Hey! What about me?” Jason said pouting with the last mouthful of food. I went over to him hugging his neck then kissing his head “awww I love you so much too Jay hunny” I said laughing before sitting next to him “but we all know she loves me way more than you” Tayshaun said with a giggle before sticking out his tongue at Jason. “ha! Yeah in your dreams, mom loves me 100 more times than you” Jason said putting his thumb on his nose and wiggling his fingers whilst also sticking out his tongue. I swear these boys! Watching them argue like this, its almost as if they were both 5 years old again. They can be so childish. ‘”Hey, you two I love you both equally, your both my boys I don’t love you both any less”.

Once I had said that I was suddenly smothered but two tall boys, I can’t believe my children are taller than me ha. It wasn’t long before I joined in too and we were all hugging “momma you always know just want to say” Tayshaun said happily “and that’s why we love you more than the world!” Jason said squeezing me a little tighter. I felt so love and crushed with love although I couldn’t breathe. “ok boys …we all love each other but ..momma can’t breathee” I said giggling before they both pulled away positioning themselves on one side of me before kissing my cheeks. And just then I heard little feet running towards us, It was Zakia “I Love you the most mommmyyyyyy” she said before running into my arms and I had picked her up.

“Momma loves you all, that’s all that matters” I said smiling as we all hugged before we all felt another presence in the room before pulling away to see Craig standing there, watching us with a huge grin on his face as Zakia literally jumped out of my arms and into his, then the boys ran over giving him a hug too. Its been a while since they’ve seen him properly because he’s been working with a new client for a good while but now I’m all alone “so momma’s love just goes away when daddy comes home huh?” as I said that they all stopped before opening their arms and I walked over joining the hug being put in the middle as Craig planted a sweet kiss on my lips. Which made me smile even more.

I cannot thank God so much for being better get giving me such a loving family, I’d totally be lost without them all. Everything was almost perfect and things were playing out so smoothly I just couldn’t ask for a better picture. Sure our family will never be perfect I know that but its close and its all I ever wanted and I wouldn’t change anything that’s happened or trade it ever in my life because my family are my heart and without them I wouldn’t be breathing.