03 - SHIVERS

SHIVERS

THEY DIDN'T TELL ANYONE WHAT THEY SAW

THEY DIDN'T TELL ANYONE WHAT THEY SAW. However, according to wild rumors two days after, Will Byers, the younger brother of some "creepy" sophomore named Jonathan, was missing. There was even a poster with a smiling twelve-year-old's face on it and the word "MISSING" above it. Grayson knew approximately one sophomore and that was his ex-boyfriend's new toy, Nancy Wheeler, so he knew nothing of this Jonathan. However, judging by some things he heard about this guy, he didn't think he wanted to. There were already rumors claiming he killed his own brother, but Grayson knew that one was too wild for a town as small as Hawkins. Rumors aside, he still felt bad for the teen, if he had siblings, he could imagine how hard it would be to lose them. The closest he had was his family's golden retriever.

He was walking down the halls of Hawkins High with Elise and Emma by his side, the two girls absorbed in their own little conversation about something that happened the night before on Dynasty. He'd be lying if he said he knew anything about that show.

As he was walking, his eyes met the tired eyes of his boyfriend, Matthew, whose face lit up as soon as he saw him. Right when they made contact, Matthew whispered in Grayson's ear, saying, "Bleachers, lunch," passing it off as an apology as they bumped shoulders.

Once Matthew walked away, Grayson's head turned, following him and watching him go, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He turned back around to face the direction he was walking, only for his smile to drop. Coming his way was none other than Steve Harrington. Grayson went to move past him, but as he did so, Steve placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him. The girls stopped with him, already ready to tell Steve to piss off. They didn't know the extent of the closeness Steve and Grayson shared, but the twins still knew Steve Harrington was officially a "no-no" in their books.

"What do you want, Harrington?" Grayson asked with a sigh. He pretended not to notice that Steve was wearing a deep-green long sleeve that he definitely stole from Grayson. He had been looking for that shirt for months and now he knew there was no way he was getting it back.

Steve scratched the back of his neck, looking unsure. It was only for a brief moment before his typical, cockiness was back in place and he said, "My parents are out of town, I'm having a little get together. It's... It's been awhile since we've hung out and I was wondering if you wanted to come? You girls can come, too, if you want, everyone's totally cool with you guys going!"

"Oh because we definitely need Carol's approval to come to your party, yeah," Elise nodded, her voice dripping with sarcasm, causing both Emma and Grayson to laugh, "Come on guy, we've got better things to do on a Tuesday night."

The three went to walk away, but Steve reached out in a split-second decision and grabbed Grayson's forearm. Making eye contact, Steve sent Grayson the puppy-dog eyes he knew the raven-haired boy was utterly powerless against. "Please? We... I want you there."