15 - IT LIVES AGAIN

IT LIVES AGAIN

GRAYSON REALIZED THAT HE ABSOLUTELY HATED WAITING

GRAYSON REALIZED THAT HE ABSOLUTELY HATED WAITING. Especially when they were being chased and hunted by a creature that crashed through the ceiling and had no face. They waited anxiously, the lights flickering and all of their weapons prepped. Steve was holding onto Grayson as tight as humanly possible while Grayson held out his knife, waiting.

In a shocking turn of events, the lights stopped flickering and the electricity seemed to stabilize.

"Do you hear anything?" Nancy asked, breaking the nervous silence. It was dead silent past that door, which somehow made things worse.

Jonathan shook his head and put his lighter away, "No."

"I don't like this one bit," Grayson spoke, his voice chilling and unsure. The uncertainty in the air and the sweat beads forming on his forehead were screaming at him not to get too comfortable right now and rightly so. The monster, whatever it was, may be gone now, but there was no telling when it was going to return to terrorize the teens.

The Byers boy went first, gripping the nail-ridden bat as he opened the door and peered out into the ghastly hallway. Carefully and quietly, they all followed. The hallway was empty and somehow that made the sickening feeling in Grayson's stomach worse. There was no way the creature would just disappear without the means of an encore. The boy would prefer it to be here and dead than out there and alive.

They tiptoed around the corner, all of the teen shaking with their weapons out. Much to their surprise, the house was empty except for their own fear. For the first time, Grayson felt like he could breathe.

"This is crazy. This is crazy," Steve began to mutter. Grayson began to rub his back softly in an attempt to calm him down. It didn't really work as the boy ran to the phone and presumably began dialing 9-1-1 before Nancy came and ripped the phone out of his hands. "What are you doing? Are you insane?"

"It's going to come back!" Nancy yelled, probably trying to knock some reason into the boy's head. "So you need to leave. Right now."

"I'm okay with that," Grayson intruded, "Steve we can mess with the apology, us and shit later, but right now, I don't wanna be here when that thing, whatever it was, pays the Byers household another visit, okay?"

Steve looked around, dazed and confused before he finally ran out the door, pulling Grayson with him. He was so happy to be breathing fresh air and to be out of that haunted house, he couldn't even relish the fact that Steve was holding his hand. They were about to leave when they turned to face the house. Grayson sighed. The lights were flickering again, the electricity pulsating with life meaning the creature was most definitely back. They looked at each other, trying to figure out what they should do. With a deep sigh, Grayson nodded and they both sprinted back into the house. Of course, the one time Grayson had good morals was when it involved life and death instead of normal teenage drama.