Tips for writers just starting out

1. DO NOT, I will repeat, DO NOT force yourself to write.

2. Leave it alone for a while if you have a writers-block, don't force it out because it always comes out shitty, no matter how talented you are. It will come out shitty if you force it.

3. We're going back to first grade. Remember her/him saying "Capitalize the first word in every sentence." Yeah, that applies in writing. Always capitalize the first word in every sentence. Do not, I'll repeat again, do not do this: "Do Not Do This. This Is Pointless, And Doesn't Accomplish Anything"

4. It's okay if it doesn't have a lot of detail, (I looove details, which is why it takes me literally forever to finish a story/one shot, and I'm constantly telling myself, "It's ok, you don't need a lot of detail and that's okay!")

5. If you get a random idea, write down the main idea of it. (i.e; you can be looking at a gif, and suddenly an idea pops into your head. Whatever that idea is, write it down, then whenever you want, you can go back to it and then start writing it.)

6. ALWAYS RE READ YOUR STUFF. If you ever have to stop to think for something to write, re read your story. Fix any spelling, punctuation mistakes. You don't want to look like one of those people who do this for example.

"Dean: hey guys, i like pi."

Sam: dean, we dont have time for any of ur blah blah blah" This is really unprofessional.

7. You want your writing to be clear, organized, and thorough. Think of it as you're going to a job interview. You want to have your thoughts in order, everything planned out, (i.e; your character, what the plot is, all that junk.) you want your writing to be loud and clear, (to get the point across if your character is talking to someone, or narrating something they see. Or if you want to write in 3rd person, make sure you write what everyone is feeling, seeing, hearing, doing, etcetc) ((And you're welcome to stay in your pajamas!))

8. Always save. I cannot stress this enough, always, always, always save your work after so many sentences. It's always nice to be safe than sorry.

9. You don't always have to follow the plot of the tv show/movie/book. You can do it however you want.

10. Don't get upset if someone doesn't like your writing, there's plenty more people who will.

11. Always accept criticism. It helps you improve some points in your story.

12. Keep your exclamation points under control. There is no need for "!!!!!!!!!". We understand what you mean, with one or two. The one or two will get your point across excellently.

13. Avoid repeating words. (I'm ashamed to say, but I do this a lot.) If you can't think of another word, look it up in the thesaurus. It'll usually pull you through.

14. Instead of adding he said/she said to every bit of dialogue, learn by showing him/her in action. Example: "Pass that sweet-smelling turkey this way." With knife in one hand and fork in the other, Sam looked eager to pounce.

15. Always do a rough draft before actually writing. Momma M, on the other hand, I "go big or go home." Literally. I will write my final draft, re read it, fix any grammatical errors, and keep going.

16. Remember, you're not an author that has a deadline. You can post or finish your story whenever you like.

17. Don't be sad that you finished your story, be glad because you're one step closer to writing another one.

18. Know when to end the chapter. Know when to end the story. You don't want to keep going, it'll get boring. I've read so many stories like this it's unbelievable.

19. It's okay to delete some words or scenes and add a different thing entirely. Like, let's say you wrote Sam and Dean going on a hunt, then you thought to yourself, "I don't like that all that much." Feel free to change it to whatever your heart desires (Make sure it flows with the rest of the story.)

20. It's okay if you want to kill off one or more of your characters. It's all part of writing, my love.

21. Whenever I write, I always think I'm there and what I would do if it was happening at this very moment. So, let's say, Dean is being a whiny brat (nothing unusual there) and I was there at that very moment, I would tell him to suck it up, and get on with his life. It's easier to write your own personality into your character, that way they are a part of you.

22. Do not, I will repeat, do not put a space between your punctuations. For example: "My birthday is next week !" That is a no-no.

23. If you want your character to be a little Southern, leave out the 'g' in 'ing'. i.e "Hey there, darlin'." (Trust me, I'm Southern, I'm constantly having to resay my sentence because I'll leave out the 'g' in a word.)