Tips on writing a drug dealer

(I got this off of tumblr. My father was not a drug dealer)

I see a lot of strange things when it comes to people writing drug dealers. I think this has something to do with people never knowing one and being lily-white when it comes to drugs. After a frank discussion and an okay to post this online from my father, I decided that people need a bit of a wake up call. This is all from my personal experience with drug dealers and addicts, and my father's experience as a drug supplier and dealer for over two decades.

• drugs dealers are not drug addicts; it's very unlikely that you will ever find a drug dealer who is addicted, due to the fact that they'd probably end up using all of their own supply and never selling anything

• most of them have regular jobs. this is because it's really bloody weird if you're unemployed and have five grand and up rolling into your bank account every month

• you will probably get caught. my own father was caught for trafficking at one point, and this was after evading the cops for well over fifteen years. yes, you can be smart when you're dealing, but you're probably going to get caught.

• be careful who you're dealing to. there are snitches everywhere. seriously. every-fucking-where. addicts, particularly those who are assholes, will sell you out to the authorities immediately to save their own asses. due to this, most suppliers have an arsenal of dealers, or they sell to a second party and are done with them.

• if you ever show up at a dealers door step, they might actually hurt you. most drug dealers are not ghettolicious, okay. they have normal lives. my own father had a very normal suburban life while he supplied and dealt. if a drug dealer has a family, they don't want some desperate addict showing up on their doorstep.

• that whole TV-deal where the dealer sells you their premium stuff in the beginning to get you hooked is true. not for pot dealers, of course, but for anything harder than acid. they'll sell you the good stuff, get you hooked, and then you're off to cuts and bad cocaine.

• they like it when you're in debt. it means you owe them money. it means good things for them because you are super fucked. i've known some assholes who liked to get you fucked over into debt until you couldn't breathe around it.

• most dealers don't actually make their own drugs. weed is one thing, but if you're making meth in your apartment, someone's going to notice. a lot of dealers are connected to crime syndicates, who are their suppliers.

• they're usually pretty smart, to be honest. i've met some pretty stupid people who were smart drug dealers. they generally know what they're doing, and if you run into someone who looks like they don't, run the other way. you'll probably get dragged down with them.