Chapter 39

Sitting on his lap my face was inches away from his. Our breathing was synchronized in an oddly calm manor while my hands carefully slid across his cheeks. His lips were a perfect shade of pink and rested perfectly along with his other features.

"This is a lot harder than I thought." I pulled him closer to me.

"You don't have to do it." He laughed.

"I already did one eye I can't just back out now." I dusted the brush into the eye shadow. My hand twitches as I began painting his eyelid. "I've seen the makeup artist do your makeup dozens of time, it's a lot harder than it looks."

After restarting a few times his makeup was finally done and he left me to get myself ready. This would be my second time going to prom, my first time with a date. Since the large crowd last night word has gotten out that he is in California and people have begun guessing he was coming to my prom. I'm glad he's here but I know he's distracted with the comeback. It seems like every second he's humming one of their new songs or going over choreography.

A quiet knock came from the other side of the locked door.

"Babe, should I wear contacts?"

"Taehyung it's a high school prom not the AMAs." I couldn't help but laugh. He was very nervous to go to my prom probably because of the amount of photos that will be taken of him while we're there. It's been a while since the two of us have been in the public eye together and with the problems we've faced in the past our image must be nearly perfect.

My dress was professionally altered to perfectly fit me. The top was half sheer, half floral lace. The white flowers were placed to cover my chest and then continued to drift around my shoulders and down my back. The bottom of the dress flowed down long enough that it covered my heels and gently hovered over the floor, along with a long slit along the side revealing my leg.

Taehyung's name brand suit was personally tailored to his body so no matter when it would always look good on him. He had a matching black blazer and pants that we paired with a white button down shirt that tied into a bow at the top which matched my dress.

We were definitely going to look like 1 million bucks.

After finishing off my makeup and perfecting my hair I was finally ready to join Taehyung.

He stood up as I walked out of the door, his eyes were bigger than I've ever seen them.

"Wow." He whispered to himself just barely loud enough that I could hear.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I wrapped my arms around his head, his hands found my waist.

"I feel like I'm dreaming." His dark brown eyes became misty as if he was about to cry but he quickly snapped out of it. "W-we should go, we can't be late." We linked arms and walked out of the house together.

Taehyung POV

It's so difficult to not stare at her during the car ride. That white dress just fits her perfectly and hair and her skin and her face and her everything is just gorgeous, how can I go back to Korea without her.

When she first came out of the bathroom I felt like I was watching her walk down the aisle. Her white dress flowing down her as I stood waiting to receive her hand. The rest of the members standing next to me, Hoseok would probably be crying. No matter what I will make that happen someday. Until then the only white dress of her's I will see her in is this prom dress, and I'm okay with that.

The rest of the ride was filled with usual small talk. The closer we got the more excitement radiated off of her.

As I guessed the entrance of the school was surrounded by bored cameramen and teengirls waiting for our arrival. Police blocked their way to the van when they saw us pull into the lot.

"You ready?" I asked waiting for the driver to open the door for us from the outside.

"More than I ever will be." She hesitated before leaning in a kissing me slightly on the lips. Our first kiss since I've gotten her. Why is she so hesitant to touch me.

The door opened allowing the loud sounds of screams to fully enter our ears. I was the first to exit the car. Holding one hand out to help (y/n) out of the car I politely waved to the crowd with my other hand. Carefully she exited the car and I helped position her dress so the press could take a few photos of us.

It was only a few seconds before we began heading towards the entrance to the school.

The last time I was here was when I punched that asshat Alex, I hope he hasn't been giving her any trouble since she's been back.

(Y/n) POV

"Let's prom." Taehyung spoke in english causing me to laugh.

Entering the gym the high ceilings were decorated with streamers and the ways had bundles of balloons taped to them. It looked like every other typical high school prom in the world.

Ignoring the incredible amount of swooning girls he immediately dragged me to the dance floor. He was a lot more graceful doing his moves than I was but it didn't matter.

The night consisted of too much dancing and a lot of hopefully not spiked punch. He twirled and dipped me at any chance that went his way. I earned a few glares from Allie and her friends along with Jackie and Louise. (f/n) gave me a weak smile. God I miss her.

As the songs progressively got slower and slower almost a quarter of the kids there had already disappeared to hook up in their cars.

My head laid against Taehyung's chest as we swayed to the music. Every time he spoke the vibration from his voice would send chills down my spine.

The rest of our time was spent talking and slowly dancing. He assured me that all 7 of them would be coming over for my graduation and would help me move the last of my stuff.

It was less than a month to graduation and I couldn't be more excited. Never would I have to see the people from my school again. No more Allie, Alex, none of them. I get to live my life the way I want with the people I love.

Finally the time came for us to leave. Most people headed to their cars ready for the more intoxicating afterparty while the two of us headed home to go to sleep.

It was a night neither of us would forget.

A/N: This chapter is brought to you by tteokbokki because I ate too much of it tonight. I hope you guys enjoyed the this chapter of fluff, your regularly scheduled drama filled updates will be coming soon! Tell me what you think of the story, I love hearing from all of you <3 -M