Epilogue: Nick and Judy (but mostly Nick)

"Wow," was all Judy could say as she turned the last page of the diary. Her paw trembled and her rabbity ears twitched.

Beside her, Nick nodded in agreement.

"That was... amazing," he whispered. Judy knew that he was equally speechless.

The two were still in the ZPD forensics room, still seated in the same two seats they had been sitting in for a few hours now, their takeout food containers sitting in the same positions. It was now 10:45.

It had been hard for Nick, after reading of Symba's death, to continue, but once he got back into the story, it was like being sucked into the universe's most attractive black hole. He just... had to know how everything ended.

"I had absolutely no idea about any of this," Judy said after what seemed like an eternity. "She was single-hoofedly responsible for saving... thousands of predators!"

"I know," Nick whispered, only partially hearing her.

Judy then noticed that there was a printed article from a famous magazine slipped into a pouch in the back of the diary.

"Wow, 'Vanity Fur,'" she commented. "That's a pretty high-end magazine."

Unfolding the sheet of paper, Judy found, a photo of the smiling pop star dressed in a white-and-pink skirt and matching shirt as she reclined on a lawn chair in front of the Palm Hotel and the following article.

Trying Everything Again: A Reflection on 13 years of Music History

by Annie Lemurwitz

It wasn't that long ago that global pop icon Gazelle Alegre Esperanza Angela made her debut at Petalfest '04, where she performed her first song, the smash hit "Try Everything." Since then, the self-proclaimed societal reformer has made a prolific career for herself in music as well as in fashion, advertising, choreography and political activism, having just released her twenty-first album, Flood of Mercy. "What I hope Flood does for animals across my fan base," she says, "is continually inspire them to realize that you don't have to hold a grudge; that you can show mercy to those who wrong you. It's something far too few animals show to one another."

Throughout her career, Gazelle has always made it a point to promote wholesome, uplifting themes in her music while still catering to fans of the mainstream pop genre. "The world is full of animals that are self-centered and self-indulgent," she reminds us, "but that doesn't mean that you have to go with the current. Living for yourself only makes you miserable." She made this ideology very clear in her first full-length album, Inspiration, which broke sales records back in 2005; the most popular song being (in addition to "Try Everything") "Sparkle," featuring well-known pop artist Owl City. Her next album, Running Out of Time, sparked an interest among techno lovers as the Capital Kingfishers hammered out an upbeat dubstep-pop hybrid. 2006's In Memoriam was a bit of a darker turn for Gazelle's style as she performed tragic, emotional songs inspired by the lives of her late parents and friends. More than anything, it showed that she has diverse tastes in music, with genres ranging between pop, hip-hop, dubstep and even a dash of light rock here and there.

Gazelle isn't on the scene with just her own songs. Sometimes, she "just can't resist" the urge to parody some of the most famous songs of today's self-seeking era, "Weird Al" Yakovic-style, from Madeline Preynor's "All About That Chase" ("What About My Face?") to Gracie Prey's "What's Understood" ("Under the Hood"). This is to say nothing of her multiple singles that have been released over the years.