Chapter 6. The God of Mischief

Elizabeth sat on her new bed. Her room was quite nice, but it's so.. dead. The only living thing in there was a small plant in a pot on the rack. There's no window. Well, at least there were people in here she could talk to.

She walked to the door, opened it and looked at the hallway. There was no people. She tip-toed to leave her room. Why was she tip-toeing? She didn't know.

This place was huge! She kept walking and turning at every intersection, and was pretty sure she was lost, but didn't really care. She wanted to explore every inch of this place.

She found an elevator at the end of the hall. The first time she got in it was when she entered this building with the Avengers. It was very interesting. She liked the sensation her body felt when the box moved.

She remembered Natasha pushed the button at the side of the door. She did the same thing, and the door opened up for her. She jumped inside with excitement. Then the door closed, she pushed the button at the very bottom.

The box started to move, making those floating sensation on her stomach. She swung her head up and down, following the rhythm on her stomach, and giggled.

The box stopped moving with a "ding" sound, and the door opened. She was on a floor with many people passing by. She got out of the elevator, looking around. People were staring at her, making her feel awkward. She was well aware that her appearance was driving all the attention to her. She quickly made her way through the crowd to find a more quiet place.

...And she ended up somewhere very quiet. There were guards standing in front of an entrance. Elizabeth walked towards them, but they didn't do or say anything. She slowly passed them to enter, to see if they would push her back, but they didn't.

Huh. Maybe Nick already told them to let her do anything she wanted. Words really go fast in this place.

She went into a big, dark room. She was standing at the top of a stair, and down below, there was a cube. The light from the cube was the only thing illuminating the whole room. She walked down the stair, curious of what's kept in it.

A man in a black and green robe was sitting back on the cube's glass wall. It was Loki. He watched her as she reached the end of the stair. There's no metal gear on his mouth anymore.

"It's you," she said. "Can you talk?"

Loki pursed his lips lightly, staying still in a long silence, until he finally said, "What do you want?"

"To talk," she smiled. She sat down right in front of the cube.

"Gods, I'm so tired of these stupid interrogations you pathetic Midgardians do."

"I'm not here to interrogate you," Elizabeth crossed her arms. "I said, I want to talk."

Loki rolled his eyes. "About what?"

Elizabeth looked at Loki, who was staring back at her. She was again drawn to his green eyes.

"Anything."

"I'm not here to babysit."

Elizabeth hugged her knees. "People stare," she whispered. "I feel like I'm a freak."

"You are."

Elizabeth glared at him, but then she sighed. "You're right."

"How did you even get in? Why did they let you in?"

"I think Director Fury told them to trust me."

"Foolish. They just wanted to spy on you quietly. I bet they're listening right now, waiting for you to show your real skin and they will lock you up, just like they did to me!" Loki stood up in the speed of light, banged the cube's transparent glass. He used his harsh voice, trying to pry her up.

Silence filled the room.

"Have you ever eaten an ice-cream?"

"What?"

"What about swimming on a beach?"

"Of course n-"

"Have you watched Green Day's concert?"

"What are you talking about?"

Elizabeth giggled and flexed her wings. "I guess we're not that different after all."

Loki stared at her. This girl definitely lacked social experience. She didn't even know that she should stay away from him, the world's most dangerous villain just two hours ago.

Suddenly she stood up and put both of her hands behind her body.

"Well! It's been a nice conversation, but I don't think it's a good idea to talk to you for much longer." She flapped her wings once, turned her back and walked to the stairs. Loki widened his eyes as she suddenly turn around and ran to stand in front of him.

"I apologize for earlier.. but I must say, your shoulder does make a really comfortable pillow," she giggled again and run off to the stairs.