Chapter 7. The Angel

That girl with those large wings sat beside him in the van. She was certainly a Midgardian, but she's not a human.

He didn't think that Midgard was this chaotic. It really was in desperate need of a new king, he justified himself.

Loki indeed felt very upset.

His attempt to rule Midgard was thwarted, thanks to those pathetic heroes of Midgard, standing in his way so arrogantly. He made a promise to himself, he's going to have his revenge.

His back ached from that several poundings he received from that giant, ugly, green beast. He tried his best not to wince at every bump from the van.

He lost his Scepter. He's handcuffed and they put some metal gear on his mouth like a slave.

And now this strange girl was looking at him like he's some kind of showpiece.

Not the best day of the God of Mischief's life.

He looked back at her as threateningly as he could, but that stupid mouth gear and his backpain wasn't helping. She kept staring. But then she looked away to the Avengers, seemed annoyed.

Understandable.

They treated her like an enemy when she helped them fight his army.

She finally leaned back on her wings and slowly closed her eyes.

Back there on the Stark Tower, she kind of reminded him of a Valkyrie. Her stance, her sword, the smug look on her face..

A Valkyrie who had merged with her pegasus, apparently.

Loki sighed when his back ached again when the car shook pretty hard. Then he felt something fell on his shoulder.

He looked down to see what it was - a ball of brown fur, which turned out to be her head.

He felt rage rumbling in his chest. This indecent, disrespectful, foolish creature. How dare she put her head on the Prince of Asgard's shoulder!

Right then, her head rolled back, revealing her peaceful sleeping face.

And suddenly his rage was gone.

It attracted him in a very strange way. He couldn't look away. It felt just like he's under enchantment. Her face looked... glowing.

Turned out, she didn't only enchant him. All the Avengers gathered around her, fascinated.

"Is she a real angel?" Banner whispered.

"No kidding. Look at her. She is glowing." Natasha mumbled.

Loki was still staring at her. He had to hold back the urge to push back her hair that's covering some part of her face.

"Why does she wear those white dress anyway?" Stark whispered too.

"Why are you all whispering?" whispered Thor.

Suddenly the car stopped. The shake woke her up from her sleep. She yawned, then she realized that she was leaning on his shoulder.

She looked to him in surprise, and Loki put his flat face as fast as he can. She turned her head to the Avengers, probably also realized that they were staring at her and she immediately sat up straight.

Captain America glanced at his friends, who were still staring at her.

"Come on. We have arrived."

***

They took him underground, put him in a cell that looked like the box which they used to keep him the first time. They opened the mouth gear, but kept the handcuff on.

"Enjoy yourself as much as you can, brother. Trust me, when we go back to Asgard you will get what you deserve." said Thor, the oh-so-mighty and justful.

"Oh, like some appreciation?"

Thor looked like he was ready to punch him, but he turned his back. Loki looked at his brother as he walked out, his eyes full of vengeance.

He sat back, making a plan to escape and have his revenge.

***

"I must say, your shoulder does make a comfortabe pillow."

As she pranced up the stairs, he was in true disbelief of her stupidity.

Yet his mind cannot shake off the image of her sleeping face. It's like a scene of a play, kept repeating itself in his head.

What's that girl's name?