Chapter 3: Same old thing

Dylan's POV

I walk into the house, placing my my bag on the couch. I don't bother caring if it makes the house look messy.

I've never been the neatest person. My mom however likes the house being neat. She can have handle it not being totally clean, but she absolutely hates clutter.

"Dylan!" My little sister Milly squeals.
Milly runs over to me, wrapping me up into a hug.

"Hey, Milly. Ready for summer?" I hug her back.
"Oh my god, yes! I get to sleep in and have no homework!" Milly grins like she just won the lottery.

I laugh. "Yeah, that's the good part. Will you hang with out with Aaron again?"
"I hope so. He's actually good company and quite funny." Milly says and heads upstairs. I smile glad Milly likes hanging out with Aaron.

They actually always have gotten along. Aaron just like Milly is ten years old. Well, almost ten years old. He's having a birthday party soon. He's Vince's little brother. Having Aaron come over gives Vince a excuse to come over. Vince will come drop Aaron off and stay since he's already here.

"Hi, Dylan. How was school today?" My mother ask me, walking into the kitchen.

"It was fine. By the way Vince is coming over later."

"Don't bother to ask first?"

"No, why would I?" I roll my eyes.

I never do what you ask anyway.

"That's fine, but next time you could ask."

I could,but I won't.

"Yeah, whatever." My mom opens the fridge and grabs some lettuce to make some salad. "Can we try to have a nice summer?" My mother ask me, grabbing some different vegetables.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused. My mom looks up from chopping cucumbers. "I talking about not repeating the last two summers."

"Oh please, you caused most of that shit last summer." I roll my eyes and my mother frowns.

"You didn't even ask-" I cut her off.
"I don't need your fucking approval. I'm eighteen for fucks sake! I deserve to know more about where the hell she is."

I'm talking about my biological mother. I tried to get in contact with her. As far as my parents know I failed but I actually went to see her. I had to make up some bullshit excuse about going out all-day. Vince came with me because the house was in the hood and he wanted to protect me.

Vince brought his pocket knife and made me take mine. We all carry a pocket knife because we go to a lot of dangerous places. The hood, street fights, meth lab, and this place full drunk idiots and druggies. Also we figured out a way to open lockers at school. If the gym coach doesn't like you, he'll give you a locker from hell.

"I don't care if you were eighteen . . . actually you were only seventeen at the time."

"Big fucking difference!"

"You don't get it, Dylan. How do you think I liked knowing that you were searching for your old parents?"

"Did I ask for your opinion? That's right I didn't! Anyway I was looking for my mom only. I don't give a shit about my dad. Nobody even knows who the fuck he is. My biological mother could have came across paths with Donald Trump and fucked him. I don't care . . . well actually I do because I would have some pussy grabber for a father. So yeah, other than that I don't care about what you think about me finding my biological mom!"

Fuck, my mother never shuts up.

My mother glares at me long and hard. "Dylan, your going to be in for a rude awakening one day. I seriously don't know how you can talk to your own mother like that."