Wattpad Original
There are 59 more free parts

Chapter 27

Great amusement glittered in Graysen's black eyes

Great amusement glittered in Graysen's black eyes. "And just how do I look?" He didn't give me a chance to reply, instead, he winked while charging onward. "Oh, that's right, stupidly beautiful."

My cheeks flushed hot. Shit, why had I revealed that to him? Too much wine, that's why.

I was disoriented by the sudden change in him. I thought I'd pushed him away and made him mad enough to leave. This was... What is this? He was being playful. And shockingly, I realized I liked his teasing.

Godsdammit!

He carried on speaking. "That ever-twitching nose of Danne's makes him look like a ferret."

I suppose, now that he'd said it, Danne did twitch his nose a lot. I started giggling. I felt bad about giggling. But that auburn hair of his and that nose twitch...he did somewhat resemble a ferret. "That's not nice," I choked out, hiding my laughter behind a hand. Graysen opened his mouth to reply but I got in there first. "Yeah, I know. You're not a nice guy."

He grinned. "Oh, I can be nice if I want. Real nice, little bird."

Bobbing up and down in the water, he half-spun away and raked his hand through his wet hair, and my gaze landed on his veiny forearm, the tattoos of black flame and Ukkenskrit threading down to the wrist thickly bound in silver and leather. For some crazy moment, I wondered what it might be like to sink my teeth into that arm. Have it curled around my waist, pinning me down.

My nipples tightened and rubbed against the thin material of my bra. I chewed my bottom lip, trying to quell the lustful heat blazing inside my core.

Graysen startled and reared back a little as he spun around to face me, his nostrils flared. Then the most devilish smile curled one side of his mouth.

Shit, shit, shit—

I started swishing my hands, hauling myself backward to create space between us. But he propelled through the water to swim closer. "Why do you like him so much?"

We neared the cascade of water tumbling from the clifftop. The water foamed all around us and the noise of it very nearly deafened the sound of my heartbeat slamming in my chest.

"He's n-nice...you know...the antithesis of you, jerk-off." The words were harsh. I meant them to be harsh but came out stumbling.

His smile was slow and glorious, and the words rumbled from deep within his chest. "You don't want nice."

I huffed a breath, shaking my head at him. What did he truly know about me? Nothing—that's what.

His hand reached out to encircle my wrist and waves of water broke against my chest as he gently drew me to him. Inches separated us and the heat from his body warmed mine. Dark eyes dipped to my lips, lingering there. "Nice will only bore you." He brought my wrist up to his mouth and I stilled, my breath caught hard in my throat. Those lips ghosting over my inner wrist sent my nerves sparking, and I gasped, which drew another smile from him. "You're wild like me. You want me to dirty you up," he purred.