Wattpad Originale
Il reste 35 Chapitres gratuits

Chapter 51

My hand trembled

My hand trembled. Amber liquid sloshed up the sides of my tumbler. I switched the glass from one hand to the other, but that was no better. Choosing to down all the whiskey, I shoved the empty tumbler at a passing servant, before dropping my hands to my sides. Shaking my wrists, I rolled my neck and rotated my shoulders, trying to shake off the incessant connection.

Her fury burned beneath my skin. It took up almost every inch of my body. It was getting hard to even think. I didn't know how I felt her. Why I would. But I had no doubt who was making me feel this way. Nelle.

Whatever it was that tied us together had intensified.

The blood—

The blood we shared when we'd bitten each other's lips. We'd kissed and our blood had mingled. I'd felt something small and warm and golden at the time, a kernel sinking down my throat into the pit of my gut, burying itself deep inside.

And now it glowed, red hot with her fury.

Where is she, where is she, where is she, where is she, where is she—

Fuck, stop it!

What's wrong, what's wrong, what's wrong—

I had no right. I did not care—

I do not care!

I cannot care!

I rubbed my face, raking my hand through my hair, tugging hardhard enough to hurt.

Fuck, first the kiss, now blood.

What the hells is going on?

What is she? What are we together?

Someone's voice, sultry and seductive, purred my name. My gaze snapped into focus, resting on the dark-haired beauty in front of me. I hadn't realized I'd been staring.

Carola Pelan and her sisters were at it again. Boring the fuck out of me. The sisters and their pretty friend had cornered Jett and myself ten minutes ago, and like the obtuse Pelans they were, they had no idea my brother was making fun of the conceited younger sister. She had the slightest of lisps and Jett was busy trying to get her to say anything with an 'S.'

Carola's friend smiled suggestively at me. What was her name? Laila, Lela? Fucked if I could remember. All I could smell was Corné's sandalwood scent all over her. The stench of it almost made me gag.

She batted long lashes, softening those deep chocolate eyes. Her fingers pinched a lock of hair, slowly running through its dark length, right down to where it ended right at her plump cleavage.

Lust stung my nostrils.

Even fresh from fucking Corné, she wanted me. Mistress or not, she was obviously open for business. I could take her to bed if I wanted. A quick tumble, and soundly nail the coffin shut on my relationship with Nelle.