4~ Quest Mishaps

~Brianna's POV~

I was sitting in the living room reading my book and minding my business when Lilly ran in. She had a wide smile on her face and her gloved hands were waving around everywhere. 

"Heck yeah! We got a quest!"

"A what?" Madison asked from my left. 

Lilly's smile somehow got wider and she took a seat crisscrossed on the floor. She put her hands in her lap and leaned forward a bit. 

"We have a quest!" 

Madison removed her body from my side and leaned forward in their seat, "Why do we have a quest?"

Lilly shrugged.

"Well, I had to make money somehow. Quests were an easy way to do it."

"But now," She added, sitting up straight, "The lake tells me that you guys need to come with me on this one."

I sighed and closed my book, setting it down on the coffee table that was conveniently placed in front of me. 

"What if Kiera gets seen?" 

The brunette on the floor waved her hand dismissively, "She won't. I'll make sure of it."

I found myself doubting those words. My gaze went then to my soulmate. She met my eyes and leaned against my body once again. I wrapped my left arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. 

"Details?" I asked, giving a pointed look to Lilly. 

She only chuckled and stood up, waving her right hand slightly. A paper appeared in her hand and she handed the paper to me. 

I silently read through the paper, turning it slightly when I felt Madison lean over my shoulder to read it. 

"We just have to find and catch a troll? How hard could that be?" 

Lilly glared and nodded her head towards the wooden coffee table. 

"What?"

The girl sighed and grabbed my hand, "Knock on this three times. I don't want any bad luck hovering over us during this quest."

I rolled my eyes but did as she asked, "Happy?"

She smiled and nodded while Madison giggled in the background. 

When I turned to face Madison, she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. I blushed slightly but gave her a kiss back. 

Lilly laughed slightly, "Alright you two lovebirds, I'll leave you to it. I'm going to go and find Kiera. Don't make too much of a mess while I'm gone?"

I blushed bright red at what the other girl implied and buried my face in Madison's hair. 

"What does that mean, Lilly?"

The girl in question shook her head, "Oh, you sweet summer child."

"Well, I'm off!" She shouted, running out of the house. 

Face still burning, I sat up straight and occupied myself with reading the flyer again. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to face Madison. 

"What did she mean, Brianna?"

I coughed, "Nothing. She meant absolutely nothing, Madi."

Madison pouted and crossed her arms under her chest, "Fine. I'll find out some way or another."

"Gods, I hope not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lilly's POV~