5~ Queen Kedrina

~Lilly's POV~

Together, the four of us walked into the throne room and stopped in front of the queen's throne. Once we stopped, we knelt down to one knee. 

After a few moments, the queen spoke, "Rise."

We all stood upright at her command and waited for her next direction. I took the moment of silence to take in the queen. 

The queen had long, lilac purple hair that fanned out behind her as she sat on the throne. She had her back straight and her head tilted slightly upwards, most likely from the training she must have received when she was younger. She had bright blue eyes that scanned the four of us curiously. Her dress was made of the finest silk and was a midnight blue in color. Overall, she looked very regal and it seemed like she knew that. 

"Introduce yourselves."

I stepped forward, hand over my heart in the customary fashion for Otriryn. 

"My name is Lillyana Silver, your majesty, and these are my guild-mates," I lowered my hand after introducing myself and instead left them dangling on my sides.

"State your business here in the palace."

"My guild-mates and I have come to discuss the terms of the quest you sent out. The one about the troll."

The queen's shoulders hunched over slightly in relief and her face gave way to a small smile. 

"Thank goodness. If you'd accompany me, I will gladly discuss the terms with you four."

"Of course, your majesty," I said, dipping into a curtsy, "After you."

We followed the queen through a series of hallways that started very well decorated and imposing. At some point, the hallways began to get darker and were lit up only by the light of torches instead of the expensive oil lamps that originally lit up the halls. We stopped in front of a single door with nothing to special about it. 

The Queen opened the door and we followed her inside, noticing that the room was different from what you'd expect a queen to have. 

Instead of the room being regal and impressive, this room was more like something a tactician would use. It was then that I remembered that Queen Kedrina used to be a military tactician (one of the best, at that) before she became royalty. 

She sat down in a large seat and gestured for the four of us to sit down in the other seats at the table. Once we had sat down, she leaned forward in her seat and spoke. 

"I hope you know what you're getting yourselves into, adventurers."

I straightened my back and responded, "I think that we can handle it, your highness."

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me, "This beast has been giving us trouble for two years now. None of my best soldiers have been able to defeat it. The troll is very smart for one of his species."

I furrowed my eyebrows at that statement. They've been fighting a troll for two years? One that has outsmarted them every time? Something seems off about this...

I noticed that the Queen was waiting for a response and I obliged. 

"I still believe that we can handle it, your highness."

She sighed and shook her head. Then, she gave us the details of the quest. 

"The troll is located in the hot springs up the northern mountain. We found out about his presence when one of our citizens ran into town screaming about it. When our guards arrived, there was a ferocious beast, attacking them from the shadows."