𝟬𝟬𝟯. an ice cream blast ❜

【 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ━━ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 】

𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 : an ice cream blast━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARRIVING AT OUR BUILDING, I quickly make my way to our loft

ARRIVING AT OUR BUILDING, I quickly make my way to our loft. The first thing I see when I enter is Jenny turning around with concurn written all over her face.

"You have to see this, Della." she says shoving her phone in my face. Reading the blast I scroll to the photo that was attached to it.

Which was when Nate took a hold of my arms, while I turned around, "This looks way different then it actually went down." I tell Jenny.

"Do you know Nate?" she questions, "What do you mean?" I ask. Just playing it off as confusion, "Did you know Nate before this?" she clearifies.

"No, I just know of him but I known him since today." I start, "As the face of goldon boy." I end, "Plus he was rude to Dan and I at the bus stop this morning." I add quickly.

When she raises her brows I sigh, "Jen, it's fine. It will just blow over." I try to reassure her.

"It's Blair." she reminds me. Taking a deep breath I let my shoulders slum, "It's going to be okay. I will talk with her tomorrow and make this right." I say pulling her in to a hug.

"Don't worry. I won't let your chances with Blair go to dust because of me." I whisper when we let go.

Making her smile relieved, "Thank you, Delsen." she winks. Leaning forward I kiss her forehead, "No problem, Jensen. Now go do your homework." I tell her.

Causing her to roll her eyes playfully, before moving to her room. In the meanwhile I take of my jacket and put my bag on the ground.

Looking over at the kitchen I see dad looking at me over the rim of his coffee mug, with a raised eyebrow.

When we hear Jenny's door close he speaks up, "Why didn't you tell her the truth?" he asks confused.

"I don't want her to think any less of me." I tell him honestly.

Moving behind him to take out a cup for some hot coco, "She won't." he denies. As he takes out the milk.

Placing it on the counter as I take out the coco powder. Sighing I stop my movements to look at dad, "She will. I was, and still am the girl that always chooses the same thing. Just because I'm afraid I won't like the other things." I tell him.

Where he nods at, "Yeah." he hums for me to continue, "That doesn't scream one night stand. If I do that what kind of ideas do you think Jenny is going to have." I continue.

"You're scared she will make the same mistakes." he realized.

Setting his cup down. He pulls me in to his side. Kissing the top of my head, "Yeah, I don't want her to." I tell him softly.

Giving him a sad smile, before move away from him to finish my hot coco, "What was so bad?" he questiones confused, "I tought you were happy. You were happy about it last year." he continues.

While keeping my eyes on the coco I speak up again, "I just found out he had a girlfriend. Well, still has." I tell him, "He does?" dad asks flabbergasted.

"Yeah, he does. Now I just feel.. awful." I tell him.

Sighing before turning on the fire, "Did you know it then?." he asks.

Making me turn around and quickly shake my head from left to right, "No, of course not." I deny, "Then you did nothing wrong." dad reassures me.

"You didn't know. He didn't tell you, plus you aren't in to highschool drama." he tells.

"True." I sigh out, "See, talking to your good 'ole dad always helps." he says while pointing at himself with his thumbs.

Causing me to smile, "I know." I say, taking the hot coco off the stove. Carefully pooring it in to my already taken out cup.

While dad puts the products I used away. We work in the small space like a oiled machine.

When everything is cleaned up I take a seat by the bar. Dad puts a plate of waffles down infront of me, "Now eat you waffles, and drink your hot coco because were soon heading out." he says.

Clearing his throat, "To the gallery." dad sings in the melody of the drawfs from Snow White.

"Come on, sing along." he urges with a hopeful look. Making me throw my hands up, "To the gallery." I sing back in the same melody.

"Can I tag along?" we hear a familiar voice ask. Making me look up. Standing up I gasp, "Ruby!" I exclaim running to her giving her a massive hug.

Pulling away with a smile, "Oh, my beagle! You're back." I gasp.

Hugging her again, "Della." she says tapping my arm, "Can't breath." she groans.

Causing me to immediately let fo of her, "Sorry." I apologize embarrassed, "It's all good." she waves off. As dad also gives her a hug as well.

Walking back to Jenny's room I see her sowing, "Hey, were heading to the gallery. Want me to take anything with me when we get back?" I ask her.

"No, I'm good. Could you text me when you get there?" she questions as she stops the machine.

"Sure, blondie." I nod, before walking away from her room. To see Ruby and dad now joined by Dan.

"So, what did I miss?" R asks while we walk to the gallery, "Lonely boy his great love is back." I say overly dramatic.

Making her and dad laugh while Dan pushes my shoulder, "This is the year of the Humphrey's. I feel it, this year I'm going to get a date with her." he tells us.

"Sure." I nod sincerely but Dan takes it as sacrasem. Hence why he rolls his eyes, "I'm serious, Dan. Womb buddies?" I ask holding my hand out for our hand shake.

Shaking his head he  returns the handshake, "Womb buddies." he says back, "I still don't get how you guys can say that with a straight face." the older Abrams chuckles.

Where I shrugg at, "It's one of the perks of living the Humphrey lifestyle." I tell her smiling at Dan and dad.

"How so?" she asks intrigued, "It means that we have the most embarrassing family in America, and embrace it." I say jumping on Dan's back.

Patting his head, I stick one arm out like Superman. Placing the other hand on his shoulder, "To the gallery." I start to sing.

Making Dan laugh yet he and dad both join in with their singing skills, "To the gallery." they sing in the same melody as I.

As Dan runs with me on his back Ruby laugh, "Wait up, guys." she calls out, "Sing the song!" I scream back.

"To the gallery." she sings as she starts to run. The same posture as me; one hand on her hip and the other out in a fist.

authors note       for everyone confused as to why i introduced ruby ( vanessa her sister ) before her. it will be explained. i am following the storyline and it just made more sense if i introduce her sooner then later.

especially for the character development and vanessa's introduction. also i losely follow the line.

some things will come before the other but i will mark the major events in the story.