056

chapter ➝ fifty sixtype ➝ real life❝ the sweet hereafter ❞

chapter ➝ fifty six
type real life
❝ the sweet hereafter ❞

──────────◈──────────

          TONIGHT FRANCINE NEVER WASTED HER TIME stopping to question her pride, not even her hectic schedule could stop her. Even though it needed her some time to delve into what her heart wanted, she eventually comprehended what was best for her. Chris was her gift, he was her best. So, she went all the way to New York and hopefully, he wanted to take her back. Francine couldn't risk losing someone she cared about ever again.

          Upon observing and watching him playing in the Broadway, Francine eternally couldn't help herself but lost oneself in Chris Evans' fervid captivation. Surely she had seen his films before since she and Shailene were obsessed with his role as Johnny Storm. However, attending a Broadway show was something she rarely did. Francine was truthfully pleased because her experience of coming to this event was for someone who pilfered her whole heart.

          And after the show, Sebastian, Robert, and Anthony would attract Chris' attention to buy some time for her to enter the dressing room, and to say he was surprised was understandable because Chris didn't breathe a word to his friends about this show at all. Or probably he just forgot. Francine's heart was pounding painfully in her chest and cold sweat dripped out of her forehead, producing an infinite nervousness within her.

          The sound of footsteps and the screeching of something outside made Francine eager to vomit all her insides, but she held it back. Getting sick wouldn't do her any good right now, so she composed herself to wait until a certain someone walks in. Not a moment later, the door creaked open only to reveal the one and only Chris Evans still in his suit and tie. Her lips slightly parted as she unconsciously scanned every inch of himself, sensing how much she missed him more than she thought.

          "Oh, hey, flowers." Chris goofily said and locked his eyes with the bouquet on the table, lifting it up as he took out a piece of paper that wedged inside. "Let's see where you came from."

          Dear lover, put another affection upon my soul. Forever, wrap me in your love embrace. —F

          Francine was the one who told Calligenia to bring a bouquet of narcissus since she didn't have much time to do anything. She needed to attend the Make-A-Wish event in Phoenix before she left for New York, imagine how little the time she had. But she knew, only by looking at him made every effort worth it.

          The perplexity listed on Chris' face shifted into something unreadable. Gnawing her lips, Francine sucked in a breath as the anxiety inside her exploded, thinking that he already had a change of heart. But, once a warm smile adorned his lips and the way he ran his finger over the small note, it gave her a hint that his feelings were still on the same page as her.

          Breaking out from the trance she'd been in, Francine finally stepped out of her hiding spot. "So, it's not gonna be easy, it's gonna be really hard."

          Chris didn't move at all, stunned in his ground even though Francine was standing close to him. Francine's heart was racing incredibly fast as the nervousness once again hoofed all the particles inside her body. The only thing that didn't make her run away was the smile that still hung on his lips. Heavy silence bounced back and forth between them, the only sound that filled the room was their own breathing.

          And after seemed like hours, Chris eventually turned to face her, giving her the best smile she always deserved to get as he finished the phrase. "But, I want you, I want all of you forever. You and me everyday."

           Without any words came out of her mouth, Francine directly throwing herself into him and drowning her face in the crook of his neck. "How does that sound?"

          Francine no longer cared how desperate it might sound, she wanted to stay in his arms. Chris was her clarity, her favorite forever — she couldn't let him go again. The pair broke away from the embrace and Francine immediately locked her eyes with his, drowning herself into those cinder blue eyes.

          Chris smiled at her and tucked a strand of the brunette locks behind her ear. He saw everything in his head. He saw them getting married, moving in together, cuddling on the couch, waking up to good morning kisses, having arguments, making up after, cooking their favorite foods, smiling for no reason, annoying each other when they were bored, having the cutest little babies, watching them grow up, never leaving each other's side. He saw them together. Forever.

          It felt like everything in their life had led them to each other. Their choices, heartbreaks, regrets, tears. Everything. And when they were together, their past seemed worth it. Because if one of them had done one thing differently, they might never have met each other. He wasn't perfect, she wasn't either. And the two of them would never be perfect, but then again, perfect soulmates didn't exist. However, there was always one that was meant to be.

          In a heartbeat, Chris leaned forward and sealed shut the gap between them. Their lips automatically moved in sync, the dull feeling inside them were now covered with glimmering amour. It wasn't long, but it managed to heal their longing. Once they pulled away, Chris gazed down at her fondly as his thumb brushed her cheek softly. The effulgence of the crystal chandelier coped his face, adding the splendor that radiated off him. And an overwhelming gratification instantly flushed throughout Francine's entire body to hear his next words.

          Trying his best not to lock the door and having the intimate time for themselves, Chris grinned widely as he affectionately remarked. "It sounds like happily ever after."

──────────◈──────────