Injuries are a pain

{20}

With a growl ripping out of me, I lunged at her and threw a lethal liver shot.

You damn right I did.

"Oh damn!" The announcer yelped, shocked by my choice of punch.

My blow was delivered to Irene's left side, right beneath the ribcage, where the liver is located.

I stood in front of her and watching her fall to her knees, crying out in pain.

I smirked, knowing what her body was going through.

Her body was going into shut down mode; the impact of my punch had over-stimulated the nerves around her liver making her blood vessels dilate, heart rate drop as well as a rapid reduction in blood pressure.

I admit it was a dirty move, but it's also legal.

To make it more interesting for the crowd, I had allowed her to get back onto her feet. I knew many people probably thought I made a stupid mistake by allowing her to recover from my previous blow.

Nope.

I knew exactly what I was doing.

The impact of my hit to her liver meant her body temporarily doesn't have the ability to get blood to her brain. I knew that her body's natural defense mechanism is lying down as quickly as possible to even out the blood supply.

In other words, It'll be like fighting a drunk Irene.

Firstly, let's aim for the face since she took pleasure is fucking up mine.

I threw a combination of corkscrew punches, a punch thrown in an overhand, arching motion that twists on impact intending to cause a cut.

Many bloody cuts.

With a panicked expression, she started to run backwards, sometimes tripping over her feet, to get a break from the series of punches.

I followed her and backed her up to the wall where the crowd went crazy; shouting and cheering us on.

A weird, sharp feeling pulled in my insides, making me cough into my hand.

The crowd quietened as they watched me stare at my hand. A number of gasps could be heard from every direction of the fighters cage.

Blood.

I had coughed up blood.

I gulped feeling uneasy about it, but proceeded to wipe the blood on my top.

It should be no surprise, my ribcage was broken and disformed from Irene's hits.

I'll worry about it later.

Right now, I had to deal with her and wipe that smug smile of her face.

I roughly grabbed a fistful of her top and threw her beside me, ordering her to return to the middle of the fighting cage.

I needed to finish this fight once and for all.

She scampered away from me and even further away from the middle, delaying even more time.

She was clever, I'll give her that.

She knew if she wasted time, the effects of my liver shot would go away.

I'll just have to fight her here, right beside the loud crowd.

I focused on attacking the mid-section or abdominal region, as opposed to concentrating on the head as a target.

Knowing her reflexes were altered, I took pleasure in throwing a series of roundhouse punches.

She buckled over from the pain, but never forgot to glare at me after every punch.