Spilling Secrets

{26}

"Ms Williams ratted out her best friend to Maxwell?" I cried, dumbfounded by this new discovery.

"I don't know if I should've told you that or if she should've told you herself..." He muttered, staring off into the distance.

I scoffed at that idea. "She wouldn't have told me, trust me."

He looked at me with a curious expression, waiting for an explanation.

"I visited her earlier today and asked her what her role was nineteen years ago." I explained, recalling her reaction. "She was not happy and kicked me out her home."

"Really?"

"Yup, and now I know why." I fumed, disgusted by her actions. "Why the hell would she turn on her best friend like that? Did she hate Lily?"

Theo scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "Well, she had a reason to do that."

"What good enough reason could there be to betray your best friend like that?" I exclaimed, gaping at him. "She literally informed Maxwell of Lily's pregnancy, which in turn got everyone killed."

"The attack would've happened regardless." He pointed out.

I glowered at him with so much ferocity, he actually flinched a little.

"But of course, it was wrong." He added quickly.

"So what was the reason?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

He didn't reply, making me reach over to his side and poke him. "Earth to Theo, I asked what her reason was."

The corner of his lip curled when I poked him.

"Now that, I won't tell you."

My jaw swung open, deadpanned at what he just said. "Are you serious? You won't tell me even after everything we've talk about?"

"It's a personal reason and I think that it's something she should tell you." He explained, nodding to himself. "Whether you think she had a good enough reason will be up to you."

"Do you think the reason was good enough?" I asked, curious what his thoughts on this were.

"I still haven't made my mind up yet."

Wow.

What was Ms Williams' reason, that would make him feel uncertain about what seems to be clearly wrong?

"Okay, so now I know that Ms Williams was the reason Maxwell attacked The MoonKnight Pack earlier than planned." I summarised.

"Correct."

An interesting thought came to mind.

"I wonder if they are alive..."

I muttered it so low to myself that I hadn't expected Theo to answer.

"If who is alive?"

"I was just thinking about what the circumstances would be, if the child of Lily and Alex survived." I explained thoughtfully. "If they were to come to your territory and demand for their pack members to be 'released', would you?"

"I would, only if they can prove they can to provide for their pack." He replied seriously. "If they can, I would go through all the legal precautions to transfer their members onto their original leader."

"Do you think the child survived?" I asked, wondering how they were doing if they did.

Theo looked away a second before turning back with a smile. "I think they did."