Chapter 16

Jisoo is finally released from the hospital today, just 2 days before the opening ceremony of the new resort. Jisoo was so proud of Chaeyoung for handling everything so well even with Jisoo's absence from the company.

She was also proud of Jennie, despite the latter not knowing, for accomplishing such an extravagant yet burdensome task.

Knowing the person Jennie is, Jisoo knew that she must've been stressing everyday through out these 3 months by trying to make sure that there were no flaws. Again, Jisoo was struck with guilt for falling ill in the middle of such a huge and important event.

Not to mention the nervous jitters that she has been feeling ever since she's been engaged to Jennie.

Jisoo was currently packing her bags along with the help of Chaeyoung who had taken the day off to take care of her.

Jisoo: Thanks again for helping Chaeyoung-ah. But you know that I can take care of myself right?

Chaeyoung: Of course I do unnie. I just want to make sure that you feel comfortable. I mean, you have been cooped up in this hospital for about 3 weeks now.

Jisoo shook her head while laughing at the younger girl.

Jisoo: Yah, you do know that I'm older than you right? It's not like I'm a child.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

Chaeyoung: You might be older than me unnie, but I'm not so sure about the part where you're not a child.

Jisoo pouted.

Jisoo: What do you mean?

Chaeyoung: Unnie, are you serious? Come on, you're even more childish than I am. Scratch that, you're even more childish than Lisa, and that's saying something.  Ahh~ Sometimes I even wonder if I'm friends with a 5 year old.

Jisoo: Yah Park Chaeyoung!

Chaeyoung burst into a fit of laughter upon seeing Jisoo's adorably annoyed face.

Changmin: Now what's all of this commotion about?

The 2 girls turned to see Changmin as he entered the room, and greeted him happily. Pointing to Chaeyoung, he jokingly asked.

Changmin: Have you been teasing my patient while I'm gone?

Chaeyoung: Of course not oppa. You know I would never do that. I only told unnie the truth.

Changmin: Tsk tsk.

Changmin walked over to Jisoo and wrapped one arm around her shoulders. The latter smirked at Chaeyoung, thinking that she had won this battle with Changmin on her side.

Changmin: Yah, how can you be so careless Chaeng? You know how sensitive this 5 year old is.

Jisoo's face morphed from a confident expression into a bewildered and betrayed one.

Jisoo: Oppa~ How could you side with Chaeyoung against me? I'm hurt.

Changmin shrugged his shoulders.

Changmin: It's true.

Jisoo pouted, causing an eruption of laughter in the room. The CEO rolled her eyes and continued to pack her bags.

Jisoo: Whatever, you guys can laugh all you want. I'm just glad to finally be able to leave this hospital.

Changmin scrunched his face up in mock annoyance.

Changmin: Yah, do you really hate me that much?

Jisoo laughed.

Jisoo: Oppa, you visit me for like 10 minutes a day. Do you know how bored I was the rest of the time? The only highlight of my day is when Jaehyun comes to chat with me.