Chapter 38

After finding out that Blackpink won't be attending MBC Gayo Daejun 🙄, I decided to make another update, and hope it'll somewhat cheer everyone up. 💕Happy holidays guys! 🎄🎁 Let's continue to love and support our girls! 🤩 I love y'all! xoxo 💋 🥰

•••

The following morning, Changmin came by to check up on Jisoo. As he walked out of the room, everyone held their breath as they anticipated his answer.

The older male gives the group a small smile as he nodded reassuringly.

Changmin: She's stable.

Everyone else broke into relieved smiles at the news. Jennie and Chaeyoung both started crying out of happiness while Soojoo tried to contain her tears from falling down.

Changmin: There's something that you guys should know though.

Everyone stopped amidst their celebrating and remained silent, waiting for Changmin's next words.

Changmin: Although Jisoo is stable, she's still stuck inside a coma. I'm not sure myself when or whether she would ever wake up. Some people could take a few days, while others could take years...

Suddenly, the solemn atmosphere had returned to how it was before.

Changmin: The only thing we could do to help her wake up, is by talking to her and encourage her.

Suho: Can we see her now Hyung?

Changmin shook his head.

Changmin: We still need to run a few check ups on her before we move her to her room. I suggest you guys all head home and come back tomorrow morning.

Changmin releases a sigh glancing at the group before reentering Jisoo's room.

Suho wrapped his arms around Soojoo's shoulder as a sign of comfort before gently kissing the side of her head.

Suho: Come on Soojoo, I'll take you home.

The younger girl nodded and allowed the older boy to lead her away.

Lisa nudges Chaeyoung's arm before grabbing ahold of Jennie's wheelchair.

Lisa: Come on guys. We should get some rest as well.

As Lisa began to push Jennie away, the older girl decides to stop her.

Jennie: I... I want to stay a bit longer.

Lisa glances at Chaeyoung and gestures for her to head to the car first. The older girl nodded before walking off.

Lisa kneels down towards Jennie and gazed into the older girl's eyes.

Lisa: You heard him Unnie. We can't stay here.

Jennie: Just for a bit. I just want to be by her side for a bit longer.

Lisa hesitated a bit before nodding in resignation. She walks over towards a chair and sat down as she patiently waited for Jennie.

•••

It was 2:00 am by the time Jennie got home. As she entered the eerily quiet house, she glances around, hoping that Jisoo would magically pop out somewhere.

After waiting for a few minutes, she decided to head up towards her room. Her injuries weren't that severe compared to Jisoo's.

The older girl had used her entire body to protect Jennie's during the crash, causing the younger to feel even more guilty towards her.

All Jennie had received were a few gashes on her legs and arms, along with a minor concussion.

It was nothing compared to the injuries that Jisoo had received in her stead. Jennie's hand hovers over her door handle as she glances behind her towards Jisoo's room.