You Tell Tom That You're Pregnant

"Mommy! Daddy!" a small voice echoed throughout Tom's parent's home. You and Tom were in the kitchen, lighting the candles on a four-year-old's birthday cake while the rest of the party was gathered in the garden. You turned quickly to see your little girl, dressed in her favorite blue dress with her preschool friends in tow, running through the house towards the festivities.

"Yes, doll?" You smile down at her, taking her small hands in yours.

"Is it time for cake!?" She inquired, excitedly, her brown eyes getting big. You and Tom both chuckled.

"Yes, darling," Tom bent down beside you, placing a kiss on her pink cheek. "Now go wait outside with Nan and Papa and we'll bring it out," Tom said softly, giving her a swift pat on the back as she ran off. Tom stood up again, refocusing his attention on the candles.

"Okay, I'm going to go get the camera. I'll meet you out there," You grabbed the camera off the counter, but before you could turn towards the door, Tom grabbed your waist and pulled you into him.

"How about a kiss for the father of the birthday girl?" He snickered, his brown eyes mimicking your daughter's.

"I think we can arrange that," you smiled, leaning into him.

You woke up from your deep slumber, smiling contently and wishing you could go back into the amazing fantasy your mind had just created. 15 days ago, you found out you were pregnant. Since then, you had become more attuned to the idea that you were going to be a mom, even though this was not something you or Tom had planned. You day dreamed about holding your little boy or girl and imagined how you and Tom would decorate the nursery using the second bedroom in the apartment. You found yourself talking to the little bean more and more as the days progressed and your hand rested on your still undiscoverable bump.

"Daddy's coming home today, babe." You sighed as you laid in your and Tom's bed, not ready to get up after that wonderful dream you had. Tom's flight wasn't scheduled to land until 7PM which gave you plenty of time to work out what you were going to say to him.

Tessa was being especially clingy to you lately, never wanting you to be in a room by yourself.

"What is it bubba?" You ask her as she followed you into the kitchen, so you could grab some breakfast. Just as you poured Tess a bowl of food, your phone rang. Your face lit up when Tom's picture flickered across the screen.

"Hello darling!" He said happily.

"Hey, babe! How are you this energetic, it's like 5AM in Atlanta?" You chuckle, knowing that his flight left in thirty minutes.

"I just can't believe I get to see you today," he sighed into the phone. He was the only person that could make your cheeks heat up from 4,200 miles away.

"Me either, sweets. I'm going to order in and have the food here when you get here. We can have an old-fashioned date night," you propose, hoping he will be excited.

"That sounds perfect. I want my girl all to myself." You could practically hear the smirk in his tone. "Okay, darling, I have to board, but I will text you when I land, okay?"

"Okay, baby. Be safe, I love you." You replied, not really wanting him to go.

"I love you too." He said sweetly before hanging up the phone. You were completely smitten with Tom, even after two years together. You held your hand over your tummy, rubbing soft circles.

"I really love your dad, kiddo." You chuckled softly, setting your phone on the counter and heading into the living room to finish your breakfast and watch some television. The rest of the day consisted of channel surfing and eating a ton, and before you knew it, it was time to get into the shower. The warm water relaxed your changing body, making some of the fatigue and soreness melt away.

You shifted through your closet after the shower, deciding to put on a black, form fitting dress, since you wouldn't be able to wear it much longer and Tom loved it on you. Tessa sat patiently on your bed, waiting for you to finish getting ready and head into the living room. You ordered in Chinese food and it had arrived just in time for you to place it and set the table with candles and soft lighting, waiting patiently for Tom to walk through the door. He had texted an hour ago saying he had landed and was headed to luggage, so it should be any minute.

When you heard a key in the lock, your heart began to race. This moment, even though you hadn't always known it, was 8 weeks in the making. The door flung open to reveal him, hair disheveled from the long flight, but still looking like a dream to you. He stood in the doorway for a moment, taking in the room and you.

"Hello, darling," he said before dropping his bags and pulling you into him for the first time in two months. Your arms wrapped around his neck as you took in his scent. His arms held your waist and his thumbs rubbed against your covered skin.

"We missed you so much." You said quietly, not realizing what you just said.

"We?" He laughed, still holding you tightly.

"Uh, yeah. Tess and I," you stumbled, chickening out of telling him in the last second. He pulled away from you and turned his attention to his sweet puppy, waiting excitedly at his feet.

"I missed my girls too! My sweet angel" He cooed as he bent down and hugged her. You smiled at the sight, thinking back to the dream you had that morning and how he was with your daughter. You could still hear her little voice calling him 'daddy'.

"You alright, love?" He asked, standing back up and turning his attention back to you.

"I'm better now that you're home," you said smoothly, despite being pulled out of your little fantasy. He smiled and leaned in, capturing your lips for the first time in so long. His lips were always so soft and gentle, and you longed for them whenever he was away. He pulled away a little too fast for your liking and you pouted.

"Now, there will be plenty of time for that later," he winked, making you go weak at the knees like he always seemed to do, "but right now, I am so ready for this take out." You chuckled because, despite how fit he was, this boy could always eat. You sat down at the table and talked about the press tour and how everyone is doing, but in the back of your mind, you kept thinking of a good way to announce to him that he was going to be a dad.

"...and Benedict kept joking that I always spill the beans when it comes to secrets and the press just loved it." His face always lit up when he talked about work, but your mind was obviously distracted. "Darling, are you sure you're okay? You seem like you're on another planet." He joked, trying to earn a smile from you.

"I am, I promise. I just have something on my mind," he looked at you questioningly with his brows furrowed, "but before I tell you, I want you to open this." You pulled out a brown box from under the table that had a darker brown bow tie across the top.

"Love, what's this?" He asked, his voice higher-pitched with excitement. "For Tom, Love Tessa and Y/N" he smiled as he read the tag aloud. He pulled open the box, pulling out a little blue onesie that read "My Dad is SpiderMan so that makes me SpiderBaby". His eyes went wide, already figuring out what it meant. "Wait, you're...?" He couldn't even finish the sentence, his mouth agape. You nodded slowly, trying to assess his reaction.

"I am. What do you think about that?" You ask, trying to get more out of him that a gasp.

"I'm going to be a dad?" is all he said, and you smiled.