Baby Shower

A/N: This takes place on October 20, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

32 weeks, 3 days

You were lounging on the couch early Saturday morning, watching some old Friends reruns and eating Cap'n Crunch out of the box while you waited for Tom to wake up. You hand was wrist deep in the box while you watched Ross yell "pivot" while Rachel and Chandler carried a couch up his stairs. You laughed as the cereal crunched in your mouth, but you were careful not to be too loud and wake up Tom who was asleep in your bedroom down the hall.

You were having a lot of trouble sleeping lately since you just couldn't get comfortable, but you've read that it is really common among pregnant women and your 7AM shenanigans would just have to continue until you could get a full night's sleep again.

You were happy you were up this early today anyway, seeing as your baby shower was this afternoon at Tom's parent's house. Y/F/N and Nikki insisted on handling everything from the guest list to games to food. You had a bit of trouble relinquishing control to them, but you were thankful that they were doing this for you, tom, and your little girl.

When you became bored of the Cap'n Crunch, you waddled into the kitchen to find something else to snack on, but nothing called out to you. You debated on waking up Tom to see if he wanted to go ad get breakfast at Gregg's or McDonald's or something, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. He always looked so adorable when he slept and you knew that when the baby comes, he wouldn't be getting much sleep anyways.

At 10:30, Tom exited your room groggily. He rubbed his eyes and yawned as he walked out into the living room to find you sipping on some herbal tea and scrolling through Netflix once again.

"Good morning, darlin'" Tom said between yawns. He leaned down and kissed your forehead before retreating to the kitchen to make himself his own cup of tea. Tom was trying to be supportive and drink herbal tea rather than his usual black tea since you weren't allowed to consume caffeine until the baby was born, but you decided to take mercy on the poor man and got up, handing him a bag of his old brew.

"How're my girls doing this morning?" Tom cooed, wrapping his arms around your waist while he waited for the kettle to heat up.

"We are tired and hungry," you leaned up to kiss his lips, hoping he'd offer to go and grab you breakfast.

"What time did you get up?" he asked, genuinely curious about why you weren't in bed with him all morning.

"About 6:30AM. I couldn't sleep." you replied, moving across the kitchen to grab Tom's favorite mug from the cupboard as the kettle began to whistle.

You set the tea bag in to the cup and Tom poured the piping hot water. You watched as the liquid changed color before your eyes and Tom dropped in 2 sugar cubes.

"I'll go grab some Gregg's while you get ready for the shower?" Tom suggested, making you smile at the thought of food.

"You're my hero," you bat your eyes at him, making his lips mimic yours.

"I'm spider-dad!" He declared before taking the mug from your hands and pecking your lips lightly.

Later on, your belly was finally full and you were drying your hair in your bathroom after a nice, long bath. Tom was in the shower behind you and you watched through the foggy shower doors as he scrubbed his own hair, his eyes closed tightly.

Once your hair was done, you started putting on makeup. Tom stepped out of the shower and your eyes met in the semi-fogged up mirror. A towel hung lowly from his hips and your eyes went up and down his body, which he noticed. He winked at you while you beat your face mindlessly and you blushed. You loved that he could still make your cheeks flush at this stage in your relationship.

The theme of the baby shower was Halloween, of course, seeing as the holiday was only ten days away. It was about 65 degrees f outside, so you decided on some leggings and a orange t shirt that was a little tight and painted like a pumpkin so it looked like your belly was the pumpkin.

Tom dressed as Charlie Brown, in a yellow and black shirt, and Tessa as Snoopy as a play off one of your favorite movies as a kid.

"You look adorable," Tom chuckled as he took in the whole outfit. "I don't think I'll have any trouble picking my favorite pumpkin in the pumpkin patch this year."

"Let's go Charlie Brown," you laugh before taking his hand and Tessa's leash and heading out the door.

You started on the short walk to Tom's parent's house and you could see the decorations from down the street. The walkway was lined with pumpkins and baby "skeleton" pictures with bows on their heads.

At least 15 cars lined the street outside the house and you recognized most of them, but a few weren't familiar to you. You wondered who Y/F/N invited.

Tom opened the door for you and you could see through the house to the garden where everyone was chatting and waiting for you to arrive. The first faces you recognized immediately were your parents. You had no idea that they were flying out to see you and you looked at Tom in shock as he slid the back door open. Your parents didn't make a lot of money so flying out to see you wasn't something they usually did because they couldn't afford to miss work.

"Surprise!" Y/F/N was the first to yell and then cheers followed, but you weren't even paying attention to that as your mother wrapped you up in her arms.

You hadn't seen them since you told them you were pregnant almost six months ago. You could feel the tears staring to burn your eyes as you took in her comforting scent and voice. "You look so beautiful, baby," she cooed, holding you close and touching your baby bump for the first time.

"How? Who? I mean, how did you guys get here?" you stuttered, still surprised that they flew all the way to London for a baby shower.

"Nikki called me and thought it was time that I saw my growing grandbaby in person, not through a screen," your mom chuckled, kissing your forehead as your dad hugged you from behind. "Tom paid for us to come out."

You looked back at Tom who was smiling profusely as he watched you and your parents have your moment. You were officially crying now, and your waterproof mascara was definitely doing its job.

"Don't cry baby," your mom insisted as she wiped a tear from your cheek and you both walked towards Tom and his parents.

"Thank you guys so m-much," you started, but your voice was shaken from crying.

Tom leaned forward and pecked your lips and then Nikki pulled you into a hug.

"It was our pleasure, darling." Nikki squeezed you tight before letting go and it was then that you noticed everyone else in attendance. You saw Y/F/N with some of your friends from college, Zendaya, Jacob, Haz, some of the Far From Home cast, Tom's brothers, and a few of Tom's friends from when he was in school.

You walked around the party, greeting and thanking all the guests and looking at their costumes. Haz and Harry were the front and the back of a horse, Sam was a hot dog, Paddy was the side of fries, Zendaya just wore a "This is my costume" t-shirt, and Jacob was Mr. Clean.

The night went by smoothly and you and Tom took home A LOT of clothes and toys for your little girl, and even a stroller. You spent the rest of the evening with your parents and taking them through all the stuff you got and already have for your little girl.

You were showing your mother the nursery and the crib that Tom and his dad put together when you noticed she was staring at you out of the corner of your eye.

"What?" you inquired, cocking your head to one side.

"Have you decided on a name?" she asked, even though you and Tom had talked about keeping it a secret from his parents, he said nothing about yours. You stepped closer to her, leaning forward and whispering so that your dad and Tom wouldn't hear you tell her.

"You have to promise not to tell Nikki or Dom," you warned, making your mom smile excitedly and nod.

"Okay, her name is Charlotte. Charlotte Nicola Holland."