Chapter 1

"Hey!" You hear that cold voice shouting at you as you fell to the ground. Your favorite beverage flew out of your hand, falling slowly to the ground. Once it touched the rough concrete, the cover made this popping noise before the liquid inside came spewing out. Some landed on your shirt, some on your pants, and some on the ground, staining it. You looked up to see the person who you bumped into... seeing his cold blue-gray eyes. "Watch yourself!"

You groaned, "Sorry..." You mutter to him.

"Sorry? Tch, you better be..." As he starts to walk away, he glances back, "Pick up your mess. You're practically littering here..." The way he said it... there was a bit of anger, but it sounded like... it was in a kind way... you wonder why he acted that. Though he seemed cold, somehow, you felt that there was something else. The way your body tingled as he walked away... you knew something was up.

Picking up your trash and tossing it into the bin, you started to walk. 

After a couple minutes, walking past this dark alley... the hair on your back stood up, and you felt the stares staring at you. Looking around, there was no one staring at you. The few people who were walking past weren't paying attention to you as you stood, observing everyone. People were on their phones, chattering, and some were with their dates, pointing at various stores and laughing. Makes you wonder if you would have a partner like that.

Then... you turned to look into an alley. Nothing seemed out of place... it seemed, like a normal dark alley. But your curiosity took a hold of you... reluctantly walking into the alley. Fear pinned your ability to speak, as your body shakes when walking down. 

A noise made you jump, turning to where the noise came from. It came from a box, and there was some movement, as if it was twitching. You couldn't control anything... your hand reaches for the box cover, slowly pulling it off... and you saw him.

The man from earlier... curled up, snoring softly. 'Why was he here?' You thought to yourself. Should you wake him? Should you leave him? Conflicted between it, he turns over. Your arm was pinned underneath him, which probably woke the man.

His eyes opened, in that dream-like state, but jumped awake when he saw you. "Gah!" His eyes narrowed down at you, a scowl appearing on his face. "You! What are you doing here?" He says as he attempts to stand up, but the cardboard underneath him slid and he fell back down.

The man's voice turned angry, but mostly, you hear in his voice that he was scared. Afraid... and you probably understood why. A stranger he bumped into him appears next to him. You realize you probably would be afraid like him.

"Answer me!" He says through gritted teeth.

Sighing, you answered him. "I'm... (y/n)... and I couldn't fight this urge to walk here..."

"It's a scary alley... people would die if they're not careful..." Looking into his blue-gray eyes, you see that the storm that was there when he was surprised... was no longer there. It seemed as if it was fading away, but it was still clouded with judgement. Examining you if you were someone he can trust...

"I-I thought so... luckily I met you..." You chuckle nervously as he rolled his eyes. Then, the unexpected ran out of your own mouth. "Do you want to stay at my place?"

The flashes of blue in his eyes electrified him, "Excuse me?" His voice was twined with anger and on his face, it might've been a trick of the light, but you could've sworn to see this weird light pink-ish color on his cheeks. "W-Why would I-"

You put your hands up and surrendered. "I-I didn't mean it like that!" Your voice stutters as you felt your cheeks grow a bit warm. "I-I meant... I didn't want you to stay out here... i-it's bad for you..."

"Tch!" He looks away, "And why would you care for a stranger like me? Hm? You don't even know me- heck, I don't know who you are."

You chuckle softly, "I said my name... (y/n). You?"

Rolling his eyes, he looks back at you, with an interest. "Levi..."

Smiling, you held your hand out. "Nice to meet you, Levi..."

His eyes look down, as if he was determining if it was a disease of some sort. Levi gave up, taking your hand. "I... I guess so..." He sighs again, "Now, can you please leave me alone? Kinda was in a middle of a nap-"

"In a dark, suspicious alley? I'm not letting you stay here..." 

He scoffs, and your ears were surprised. "Says you who walked into this alley in the first place. Based on what, exactly? Your guts?" Once more, he rolled his eyes, and when he glanced at you, well... the storm there was fading away quickly. "Why do you want me to go with you?"

You shrug, "Dunno... maybe it's because I care?"

"I guess... I can come with you... maybe... just for one night..."

Smiling, it seemed you melted the first layer of his cold heart. "Follow me, Levi..." You say, holding out your hand. Levi stares at it, hesitating before taking it. Pulling him up wasn't easy... wondering how heavy he was, considering how small he seemed.

Leading his back to your apartment, the smell of rain was in the air. The gray clouds in the sky hid the sun from shining its light. The cold seemed to shiver you, just a bit... but that was before you felt something wrap around your neck. Seeing a glimpse of it, it was a dark gray scarf with a few gray lines.

Levi looks to you, "You seemed... shivering..."

Pulling it over your mouth, it seemed to be warm... "Thanks..." You say, feeling your cheeks warm up, just a tad bit. Was it because of his actions being warm, or was it because of the scarf that held his warmth? Who knows...