Chapter 4

When you opened your eyes again, Levi was nowhere in sight... almost convincing you that Levi was just a dream... a dream that you wanted. You dreamed that there was this incredibly hot guy on the streets, who had cat ears and a tail. And that Levi was nothing but a dream...

Getting out of bed, you groaned. How could he be a dream? He felt... so real... the touch of his furry ears and his tail... the sound of his purring echoing in your head was a rhythm you never wanted to forget.

Having the urge to get coffee first, you brushed your hair, very quickly, before making your way to your kitchen. Walking there... there he was. Levi taking a quick nap on the couch, the TV was on, playing your favorite show. This aroma filled the air... so you turn to where it was coming from... seeing that he made pancakes. Walking closer, you looked at them.

3 stacks of hot pancakes on a plate, with syrup on the table, and your favorite toppings on the side. After spreading butter and pouring syrup on a pancake, you cut it and tasted it. The pancake was... perfect. Light and fluffy... the warm melted the butter, and you can taste it in it. The sweet taste of the syrup cooled it down, giving the pancake a bit of flavor.

"You like it?" You turned around, seeing Levi's tail sway ever so gently and his ears standing up. His expression was... average. "I hope you do..." He says, his face was growing in color and the cutest thing was that his ears was connected to his emotions. Levi's ears flattened in embarrassment.

Smiling at him, Levi's face turned redder. "Yeah... you're a great cook." You say, giggling a bit. Who knew about a cat who can also cook?

While you were enjoying your breakfast, Levi went back to his nap. After washing your dish, you went over to him, where he was purring in his sleep. Lowering your head onto the couch, your face was parallel to Levi's. Reaching to poke his cheek, his cold blue-gray eyes opened.

"Trying to surprise me in my sleep, (y/n)? You should know... I can hear you..." He says as his ears twitched on cue. "I do have really powerful hearing... I heard you snickering quietly... so, I pretended to be asleep..." Levi says with his ear twitching. "Well... it's not like I can stop you..." He says.

As Levi's eyes closed once more, you reached for his ears, scratching behind them. Levi begins to purr as you do that. His purring was so soothing to your ears...

*   *   *

After awhile, Levi opened his eyes and started to get up. His purring kept going until it fades away as he spoke.

"Thanks for everything, (y/n)..." He says, pulling his beanie over his cat ears. "But... I think it's time..."

Standing up, you couldn't let him leave. Grabbing his arm and staring intensely into his stormy blue-gray eyes, you spoke out. "No."

"What?"

"I... I don't want you to leave..." You say, feeling your face grow in warmth as you wanted him to stay. Your words were full of passion as you tried to stop him. "Please... Levi..."

Paralyzing you down to the floor, Levi chuckles softly. You couldn't tell if he was about to tease you or that he played you.

"L-Levi..."

He looks to you with his stormy blue-gray eyes, which slowly revived you from your frozen state. "Did you really think I was gonna leave you after you helped me? No... I... I want to repay you, (y/n)... but first thing first... do you have more of your brother's clothes?"

*   *   *

Levi didn't tell you anything about what was gonna happen... but after he finished getting dressed, he took you by the arm and walked you away. With so much time passing by, it was already 4 pm.

Teenagers littered the streets as they got out of school, hanging out with their friends, forgetting the cruel life they live in... called school.

As you walked passed clutters of people, you felt Levi pull you close to his body. When he pulled you, you could've sworn that you heard growling coming from Levi... but all the noise was being drown out by the chatter and the car noises from the street.

After eating a small meal, Levi pulls you away from everyone and away from the busy streets as the hours passed by.

It was almost 8 o'clock, and the half moon was rising above with its army of stars. Your legs felt heavy and exhausted as he takes you up onto a hill. Already, Levi seemed that he was far from being tired.

"Levi..." You say as he finally stops on top of the hill. Finally, you collapsed on the grassy hill, feeling your legs become numb.

He then slowly walks downhill, but you couldn't move an inch. Laying on your back, you stared up into the starry sky... you wished you could hear the stars twinkle as they shone. The moon was a half pearl... how beautiful it was.

Soon, Levi came back up, and he had his arms behind his back. He takes a seat next to you, where you reached for his beanie. Puling it off, you see the ears hidden underneath his hair. Soon, they perked up... and when Levi shook his head, his ears returned to his natural state.

"Aw..." You say, touching his ears.

Levi shakes you off, smiling at you. "(y/n)... I think... you should have this..." He says as he pulled out a rose from behind his back. The rose was scarlet red... not too many thorns on the stem. Taking it from his hand, you smelled it. The rose's scent was so overwhelming, you didn't have any words. "I picked it... because... well..."

Looking to him, you saw his face, red with blushing. "You don't have to say anything..." You say before Levi took your arm.

"I have to say something... otherwise... I'm that stupid guy who doesn't need words to explain my feel- I mean..." He sighs, leaning really close to you. "D-Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

You smile, "Yes... I think I do..."

Before you knew it, Levi pounced onto you, a purr caught in his throat. The rose was unharmed, but Levi kept purring as he leaned closer to you. "Well... I guess... you can understand what happens next, right?"

Silently, you nodded in reply. But as you were about to speak, Levi leaned to you, kissing your lips. The crickets' noises were completely blocked by Levi's purring. As he leaned closer, the noises got louder and louder. Your arms wrapped around Levi's neck, pulling him closer.

After a few minutes, Levi pulled away from you, a purr in his throat. "How was that, brat? Hm?" He says with a smirk on.

You nodded, "I... I liked it..."

"I don't think I would've fallen in love until I met you... dang, I can't believe it... I fell for a young woman like you... who helped me out yesterday... finding out my secret... and all..." He says with a chuckle, holding tightly onto your hand.

Smiling, you lay your head in his chest, burying your head into his chest. "I didn't think that either..." His purrs were so loud... so mesmerizing... and before you knew it... your eyes fell heavy and you drifted asleep.