Chapter 2

After taking a bus and walking for a couple minutes, you reached your apartment building. Taking an elevator up to the 8th floor, you take him to the room 833.

"So... we're here?" Levi coldly asks as you start to pull your apartment key out. He leans on the wall behind you.

You chuckle softly, "Yeah..." A boom echoed and shocked the ground, startling you a bit. After awhile, you laugh softly, "Heh, I guess it's gonna storm tonight..." Turning around, you see Levi's arms crossed tensely. Was he afraid of the storms? "Lucky I'm giving you shelter... otherwise you'll be sitting out in the terrible weather..."

"Tch... I guess so..."

Opening the door, you led him inside. Pointing at the bathrooms on the right, "You can shower right now while I'll make dinner."

"Dinner?" He asks as he steps in. "Whatcha making?"

Shrugging you opened the freezer, "Well... I have oven-made pizza..." You say with a nervous chuckle. "It's just cheese and pepperoni... nothing else, since I'm a plain kind of person."

Turning to him, he rolled his eyes, "Whatever..." He turns to direction of the bathroom, I can shower, you said?"

You nod, "Yeah."

"Do you... have any clothes for me or something? If not, I guess I'm fine wearing what I'm-'

"No, I have some clothes for you. My younger brother comes by often, but now... he doesn't. I didn't have the chance to pack it all up and send it back to him. But... you seem to fit his size, so it shouldn't be a problem." You say, walking to your closet, where your brother's clothes were stored in a moving box. Picking out a pair of pants and a sweatshirt, you return to Levi.

Levi didn't seem to notice you when he pulled his beanie off. As he pulled it off, his fingers ran through his raven colored hair. From his hair, two things popped up... seemed like-

Suddenly he turns around, jumping when he saw you. He stutters your name, "(y/n)... w-what... um..." His face turns red, pulling his beanie over his head. "T-Tell me you didn't see that..."

"I-I don't know what I saw..." You say, handing him the new change of clothes. "Anyways, here's the clothes. While you're showering, I'll start the oven."

"Thanks... I guess..." He says, taking the clothes and making his way there. "You do have shampoo and soap-"

You chuckle softly, "All under the sink, Levi."

He was silent before uttering his last words, "Thanks, (y/n)..."

*   *   *

After he showered, the pizza was done. While you waited, you kept thinking about what you saw... what was it? But the lightning and the thunder kept interrupting your thoughts, and you couldn't think straight.

Hearing a door open, you turned to see Levi walking out with a beanie on his head. It seemed that he was too attached to the beanie... and you wanted to know what he was trying to hide... suddenly, he jumps when thunder cracked the sky. You chuckle, immediately stopping when his cold blue-gray eyes hardened when he stared at you. 

"Tch! What are you chuckling at?"

"I-I mean... it's common for younger kids to be afraid of storms-"

"Are you calling me immature?"

"N-No! I wouldn't dare..." You say, cutting a slice and handing it to Levi. "Here... it just came from the oven... so it's gonna be a bit... hot."

Once more, Levi rolled his eyes as he took the plate. "I'm not some 12-year old little brat. I don't need to be babied about something being too hot or being afraid of storms. The thunder's just... unexpected-"

You chuckle once more, "That's why there's lightning... it basically warns you about the thunder... but you're right about it being unexpected. You don't know when it's gonna shake the earth." Taking a slice, you sit on your couch, but Levi scoffed and looked away. "What?"

Levi looked at you with disgust written on his face, "You didn't shower yet... and you dirtied the couch."

You stick your tongue out, "It's my apartment, I can be dirty if I wanted to... heck, I can be very disorganized if I wanted to. You can't-"

"You stuff in the bathroom was very... messy..."

With your eyes widening at that fact, you temporarily lost your temper, "What?! You touched my stuff?!"

He chuckles, "So what?"

*   *   *

After his words ended the talk, he quickly takes another slice before preparing to head to bed. Levi was ready to take the couch, but you insisted for him to sleep in your bed. When you found him, Levi was sleeping on boxes... so you didn't mind taking the couch as he took the bed.

Watching your favorite show/movie, you decided to shower, waiting to see what Levi did. It didn't seem as disastrous as you thought, but everything was organized properly, much easier to find; concluding he has OCD.

Just as you were gonna sleep, you heard weird cries coming from your room. Peeking for a bit, yes it was invading his privacy, but those weird cries were too irresistible. You tiptoed close towards the noise, and it was coming from Levi. The cries... sounded cat-related... for a second, you thought Levi hissed softly...

That flash of lightning blinded you; and 3 seconds later, thunder shook the ground, booming loudly in your ears. Levi jolted awake, panting as if he had a nightmare, before he looked up in your direction.

"(y/n)?" How could he know? There's no light anywhere, and the lightning from earlier was before he woke up. "What are you doing here?"

"H-How did you know it was me?" You asked, turning the bedroom lights on. When you looked into his eyes, you saw his pupils all thin and vertical... but it dilated into normal irises.

"I saw you..." His beanie was off, and you saw the texture that didn't match with his hair. Looked... furry. When was was looking away, you walked close to him, instantly touching that furry thing buried in his hair. He utters a yelp just as they popped from his raven hair. It was... cat ears... "Why did you do that?!" He shouts, covering his ears.

No words were in your head... you didn't know what to say. A human with cat ears... it was... so rare... hardly anyone sees a hybrid like that...

"Well?!" His powerful voice deemed an answer as his eyes were turning cold with fear.

"Y-You have cat ears..."

Levi's face turns red, "I-I know I do..." Quickly, he pulls the blankets over his head. "Just... leave me alone..." You turn to leave, but instead, turning the lights off and crawling into bed with him. He jumps slightly, "What are you doing?" He asks as you wrapped your arms around him.

"It's gonna storm all night... so, you should have company..." You say, almost drifting to sleep as the rain patted softly against the window.

You hear him groan in defeat, "Fine..."

But you couldn't sleep. Something kept you up... was it the thought of him being part cat? Or was it the thunder that scared you to stay awake? Without another thought, you hear purring noises... coming straight from Levi.