Chapter 3

The next morning, when you opened your eyes, Levi was still there... his eyes were closed, sleeping so peacefully. From time to time, his cat ears twitched, making you quietly giggle. The urge to feel those soft furry ears was so tempting and strong... 

Without thinking, you reached for his ears. They twitch and his blue-gray eyes were slowly revealed, freezing you in place. "What were you about to do?" He asks in his cold voice. 

"I-I uh..." You couldn't answer him.

Then, he scoffs, a slight smile appearing on his face. "Whatever... what's the harm with it?" Levi asks, his ears twitching as he said so. He then sighs in defeat, "Go ahead... I guess... it's not gonna kill me or anything..." Levi lowers his head, ears twitching.

"I-I can... r-really?!" You start to squeal, but stopped yourself, bringing your composure back. Taking a deep breath, you reached out to his ears.

One touch of his furry ears, they twitched, but after awhile, they didn't. The feeling of his ears were very furry, real-like, as if they were on a real cat. Quietly, you heard purring noises coming from Levi. Being playful, you blow a gust of wind into his ears, where they went down, but popped back up.

You giggled every time, seeing how cute they were. "Stop..." Levi complains, flattening his ears to his raven hair. "It's annoying, okay? Stop blowing on them..."

"Sorry, Levi..." You say with another giggle. "You look cute when you-"

"Cute? I'm not cute... (y/n), understand? Dang... I hate being like this... being like a cat..."

"Y-You do? W-Why?" You ask while stroking his cat ears. They felt... so soft and so relaxing to stroke. "I like it when you have cat ears-" You gasp at an idea that might be true. Leaning forward, you whisper into his cat ears, "Do you have a cat tail?"

Levi looks up to you, his cold blue-gray eyes becoming soft like clouds. "Yeah... I do..."

"Can I-"

"No." He says, his voice becomes cold, but not his eyes. Then... his pale cheeks grew into a pink red-ish color. "I'm... quite protective over my tail... especially when it connects to... you know..." But then again, he sighed, more heavily. "But I trust you..."

"I-I can..."

Levi's smile was a sight to see. The smirk with that blush on his face was so... perfect in a way. "Yeah... but try your best to resist touching my tail, okay?"

Holding in your squeals, you nodded. "I'll try my best... Levi... but if I do... please don't judge me. I really love cats... and I think that it's cool to know a human can have some cat-like features." You say with a giggle in your voice. 

"Give me a second..." He says, grunting as he got out of bed.

You watched him carefully as he lifted his shirt. Under his shirt was a tail that was matted together... if the fur was longer... it would be tangled... his fur shone in the morning light. Shining brightly... like oil on a stick. Mesmerized by the furry pattern on his tail, you slowly move you hand towards the tail, as it flickered freely.

"So... pretty..." You say, stopping your hand. You had to stop... he wouldn't want you to touch it... but it pulled you in. Levi didn't have an eye on you as he was too busy folding the shirt up. So... you had your chance.

Reaching forward, you touched it, feeling Levi twitch at your hand. But you didn't care. The tail felt so soft... so relaxing... "Ack! (y/n)!" He calls out... turning around. But instead of a scowl on his face... his face was bright red, ears were flattened and that his eyes were so cloudy as if it was trembling in a storm. "I-I thought... I said no touching..." He says with a grumble in his voice.

"S-Sorry..." You say, scratching your head. "I-I couldn't resist."

"Tch..." He sits down, his tail facing you. Levi's face was turned in a way where he saw you, also where he was seen with a blush on his face. "Actually... it feels good..." He says before a purring noise started.

Levi crawled back into the bed, still purring in joy as he fell back asleep. You giggled, "Aren't you a sleepy kitty?" You joked as he pulled the blankets over him, ears twitching. 

"Shut up..." He says, before purring asleep. Even when he fell asleep, the purring continued.

Levi seemed... too cute... and the purring noises rocked you back to sleep. With it rocking you with his lullaby, your eyelids became heavy with tiredness... the storm really did drain you as well... falling sleep, you dreamed of Levi holding you in his strong arms... were you actually falling in love with him?