SEVENTEEN

PART SEVENTEEN

'Envy is a gun with a faulty breech-lock which flares back and burns the gunner

'Envy is a gun with a faulty breech-lock which flares back and burns the gunner.'  — Austin O'Malley.

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

"What the fuck!?" Oscar shouted from the inside the house. I accompanied Cesar and the rest of the cholo's on the front lawn. A smirk tugged at my lips. "Who threw away the alcohol?!" He angrily queried as he stepped outside. Cesar cocked his head into my direction. "Did you do it?" He questioned yet I could hear by the tone of his voice that he already knew the answer. "You know me so well, Cese."

I stood up from the rusty couch and sat beside Oscar who occupied the steps. I glanced at him with a big smirk staining my lips. "Why did you throw away the beer?" He grumbled yet his features remained soft. "Me? Why do you think it was me!?" He glared at me with a passive expression on his face. "Fine, I did it. But you'll thank me later." He rolled his eyes and took a sip of the water I had filled the refrigerator with. He scrunched his face up in disgust. "It has no taste."

"That's the point, pendejo. It's water." He placed his hand on my thigh, slowly moving his hand up. I bit the inside of my cheeks, feeling the intensity of his touch. He smirked, knowing what reaction he would get out of me. "I suggest you behave before I show you what else your big mouth could do, mi mujer. (my woman)" He whispered while gently nipping at my earlobe.

I slapped his hand away. "Nasty a-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was cut off by a familiar pesky voice. "Spooky!" Flaco called out as she approached us with a few chola's following behind her. Oscar's head shot up and glared at the girl with a hint of irritation. "What do you want?" He questioned uninterested. "Is it true?" She spoke as her eyes darted over to me in reverence.

Oscar cleared his throat as he stood up. "Aquí no. (not here)" He sternly ordered the chola as he walked towards the backyard without glancing at me. She bit her lip, fighting the tears back that threatened to spill. Her eyes darted over to mine — hurt, betrayal and pain filled them. A faint sob escaped from between her lips as she turned around and followed Oscar.

I mentally cursed myself for the curiosity peeking inside me. I could sit here and be icky about the whole situation or..

I sat on Oscar's bed which was positioned near the window. To my luck, the window was open ajar. Their voice flowed through the air, entering the room I was in. "Please, just answer my question, Spook. Is it true?" Diana queried as her voice broke. Though I didn't quite like her, my heart broke for the girl. "Yeah. It's true." He slowly admitted.

Faint sobs turned into wails. "Are you serious?! You mean to say that you've claimed some girl you barely know!? I've known you for six fucking years, Spooky!"

I cautiously peeked out the window. Oscar tensed up at the memories that flew out of the girl's mouth. She and him had one hell of a past and as much as he wanted to leave it at that — the past, he felt his heart ache for the girl before him. Though he didn't love her in a romantic way anymore, he still cared about her. Especially after what happened nearly three years ago.

"You took my virginity! I went to fucking prison because of you, cabrón! (asshole)" She hysterically yelled. At this point their voices weren't faint whispers anymore but loud shrieks. "Keep your voice down, Diana." He hissed. "You chose to be there that night after I specifically told you to stay home! So don't blame this on me!"

Flaco frustratedly ran her hands through her jet black locks. "You promised me, Spook. You promised me we were going to get married and have more children! You were my first love, my first boyfriend, my first everything! With all that we've been through, you claim her!? We exchanged letters while we were in prison for fuck sakes! I was your ride or die! Not just some random bitch from the block!"

Oscar threateningly stepped closer to her. "Watch your mouth." He hissed in anger. She scoffed and shook her head while her tongue swept over her underlip. "She's that special now? So special that you're gonna threaten me!? Don't you care about what happened to me in prison?! Do you.." She broke down mid-sentence. Countless tears rolled down her cheeks as her heart ached terribly from the horrifying memories that flashed through her mind.

Oscar reluctantly placed his hand on her shoulder, comforting her. She however, pushed his hand away and embraced the man she loved oh so much. She tightly held onto him, knowing that this was probably the last time she could hold him, cherish him and feel his love. She had loved this man with everything in her and was ready to do it all again. It hurt her that he claimed someone he just met rather than her, the girl he once called 'mi maravillosa princesa' (my wonderful princess) and did everything for.

She was heartbroken, torn and devastated. But mostly fear dwelled inside her. She feared living a lonely life. She had learned him her secrets, scars, bruises, even her flaws, and he left. He left with all of her. Without him, she felt as if she was nothing.

"It still haunts me till this day, Spook. The night he was taken away from me.." she mumbled into his shoulder. Oscar gulped, tears that he had managed to hold back for so long — threatened to fall. He clenched his jaw and untangled the chola's arms from around his torso. "Don't you know I still think about him!? I have his fucking initials tattooed on me and you think he doesn't cross my mind every single day?! I loved him more than I've ever loved my family, Diana. Don't you dare assume I don't care about my son." He retorted in fury.

Utter confusion and surprise roamed Sin's mind. "His son? What the.." She coaxed in absolute disbelief.

"Do you love her more than me, Spooky?" Flaco questioned with pure pain and devastation seeping through her words. He looked away, unable to look her in her eyes and see all the pain he had partly caused. "Look at me, nene. (baby) Do you?" She reached up and gently grabbed his chin, turning his head into her direction. She couldn't ignore the shiver she felt running down her spine when the mere flesh of her fingertips came in contact with his skin. Everything inside this girl was in love with Oscar Diaz and there was nothing she could do to forget about him or her son. They had left a permanent scar on her heart that would never heal.

He sighed and finally locked his eyes with hers. His heart ached for the girl — unfortunately more than he wanted to. "Do you.. love her more than m-me?" She questioned through her sobs. He bit his lip as a lone tear rolled down his cheek. "Yes. Yes, I do." 

She placed her hand on her mouth to muffle the cries that were erupting from between her lips. "Diana.." Oscar softly spoke, his eyes filling with more tears as he watched the mother of his son break down. "No! N-No more.. no more pain. I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry.." She said before running off.

The girl who had wept herself into a state of exhaustion, ran away from him just like she had been doing with all of her problems. But this time, she was going to stay and face her biggest problem of all. Him.

He was her lover,
past,
and future.
And may God have mercy on anyone who tried to intervene that.