TWENTY-TWO

PART TWENTY-TWO

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

━─━─━ヾ Two excruciating days had passed since the unfortunate event that had happened

━─━─━ヾ Two excruciating days had passed since the unfortunate event that had happened. Even with all the pain medications the nurses had given her, the immense aching in her shoulder only seemed to get worse. The bullet had torn her muscle almost completely. ヾ━─━─━

Rico laid huddled up against Oscar's chest as he soothingly rubbed his hand over the child's back. I watched them in awe with a smile of my own. "What are you smiling so creepily at?" Oscar questioned as his eyes trailed over my face. I shrugged sheepishly. "It's nice seeing you so cuddly."

His lips silently lifted up into a smirk as he nodded his head towards me. "Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded. "Sure." He licked his lips before parting them. Because of everything, I had failed to realize how handsome he looked. The teardrop tattoo still graced the spot under his left eye. And with every day; he seemed to get more and more muscular. Today he had traded his black wife beater in for a white one, allowing the bright color to complement his tanned complexion even more.

As soon as my eyes trailed to the familiar tattoo that adorned his left arm; 'R.I.P LR,' a flashback suddenly infiltrated the walls of my mind.

'We were gonna name him Lazario Ramiro Diaz. I bet he would've looked just like his handsome daddy, but it's bitches like you that ruin everything good I have in life!'

I let out a ragged breath and tried to suppress the flooding of memories I dreaded to reminisce about. A soft hand squeezed mine, causing me to snap out of my musings. I darted my eyes over to Oscar with a bewildered expression. "Are you okay, love?" He questioned softer than he had ever spoken before. He seemed quick to realize what had happened and placed a warm kiss onto my forehead in attempt to calm me, which luckily did.

"I'm here for you, mi cariño. You don't have to be afraid anymore." He whispered lowly. He held Rico against his chest with his free hand supporting the child as he drew patterns on my back in a soothing manner. "I love you." I cooed. "Of course you do. I love me too." He spoke while playfully rolling his eyes. I parted my lips to backfire but was cut off by the rambling teenagers that entered the room.

"Tienes suerte." (you're lucky) I hissed. He pouted his lips, signaling a kiss before taking a seat on the chair he reclined on earlier. Monse and her squad quickly rushed towards me before carefully engulfing me in a group hug. "I'm so glad you and the baby are okay." Jamal chimed as he placed his ear against my stomach. Oscar chuckled loudly as Monse and Cesar rolled their eyes. They had finally believed me unlike Ruby and Jamal who still lingered on the lie that I was pregnant.

I swatted Jamal on the back of his head. He quickly moved out of my grasp, caressing his head with a painful expression latched onto his face. "Ouch! Why are you so aggressive today- Oh wait, it's the hormones isn't it?" He mumbled knowingly. I rolled my eyes, earning another chuckle from Oscar.

"Are you okay, though?" Ruby queried with speckles of concern looming in his hazel colored eyes. "Yeah. I'm in a little bit of pain but nothing serious." I smiled gratefully. Big lie. That wound still hurt like a hijo de puta and there was nothing I could do about it than just wait. (motherfucker)

"I brought you your favorite lazy clothes." Monse stated, a wide smile gracing her lips as her eyes twinkled in joy. She plopped the large bag full of sweats onto the hospital bed. "Thank you, Mo." I chimed gratefully.

The door swung open, causing everyone to fixate their attention on the person coming in. "Dad!" Monse screeched in excitement before wrapping her arms around him. I uncomfortably shifted at the sight of him. The lies he had been telling Monse, had put a strain on our relationship. Oscar saw my unpleasant expression and placed his hand on mine, squeezing it lightly.

He made his way over to my bed, a bouquet of roses tight in his grasp. "Hey, Sin." He hummed absentmindedly as his eyes landed upon me and Oscar's entwined hands. I raised my eyebrows up in surprise. "Hey, Sin?" I questioned in disbelief.

They sensed the tense sphere amongst us and took that as their cue to leave. My father stared down at me with sad eyes before he placed the bouquet beside me. "Are you dating a Santo?" He queried calmly yet his voice deeply dropped several octaves pass baritones, with his eyes piercing through hers with a sharp gleam. "I got shot and the first thing you ask me is- Yes! I'm dating Oscar. Is that what you wanted to hear?" I hissed in annoyance.

He scoffed, shaking his head in disapproval. "Have you no respect for yourself? I've raised you better than this, Sin!" He shrieked. "I can't believe you lied to me. He and his gang almost murdered me in cold blood and now you're dating him!?" A fuming fire flickered in his blazing eyes. He slowly shook his head, as if to convince himself that I wasn't telling the truth. "I can't believe you right now.."

Something in me suddenly snapped like a raging tornado ready to wreak havoc to everyone around it. "Me?! You are the one living in Florida with your new ass wipe of a girlfriend. You are the one lying to Monse about where you are! And then you have the audacity to come here and disown me?!" I shrieked, forgetting where I was for a fine second. His face hardened, his caramel colored complexion turning a shade darker due to the fury that thrummed through his being.

"Break up with him or I will not hesitate to throw you out my house. I won't tolerate this relationship. Besides, he only wants one thing and one thing only from you. It won't surprise me if you've opened your legs for him already." He hissed, his words viscously breaking through my tough facade. Not able to utter a single word, I adverted my gaze down to my lap.

He hummed in disapproval followed by the sound of heavy footsteps before the door was slammed shut. As if on cue, tears which pooled my eyes, fled. The pain of my soul dwarfed down my cheeks, mixing itself with my complexion.

In my oblivion, someone had entered the room and sat beside me. A warm finger swept along my cheeks, wiping away the salty tears. Because of the light goosebumps which danced on my skin, I knew exactly who it was. Keeping my eyes closed, I leaned into his touch — sighing in content. "Do you want to talk about it?" Oscar questioned as he kept his piercing gaze on me.

Did I want to talk about possibly breaking up with him? Did I want to talk about my only parent left disowning me like I was a hindrance?

I swiftly shook my head and pulled him closer to me. "Please, lay with me." Not denying my wishes, he slid under the thin duvet. He engulfed me in his beefy arms before placing a lingering kiss on my forehead. "I'll always be here for you, babylove." He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

Nuzzling my head into his chest, silent tears poured and poured — wetting his shirt. The hand that rested upon my back soothingly drew patterns while his arm loosely wrapped around my waist. The steady heartbeat of Oscar slowly stirred the tiredness inside of me as my eyes fluttered shut. The stressful thoughts were quickly muffled by one thought which spoke louder than any sentence that had rolled off my tongue..

I swear, I love him.

I know I haven't written in a while so forgive me, but... honeyyy, I have something in store for you😏