Part 52 - Hero Talks

Previously:

"Mr. Parker, Miss Y/L/N, it's been a while since I've seen you both without your suits on," Vision tells me and Peter.

I freeze when he says that I can tell Peter froze next to me. It took my mom a minute to realize what Vision said, "Wait, why did you say Peter and Y/N's name?" She questions.

Tony gets out of his chair and tries to get Vision to stop talking. But, Vision pauses a moment before responding, "Well because Y/N is Gemini and Peter is Spider-Man,"

"Peter is Spider-Man?" My mom yells.

"Nice going," Tony tells him, "She didn't know about Peter,"

"My apologies," Vision says.

Present:

Vision exits the room leaving my mom, Peter, Tony and me alone together. My mom stood there with her mouth open. None of us dared to say anything to her at the moment.

"So, is no one going to explain why that Elmo looking robot just said that Peter was Spider-Man?" My mom exclaims.

"B-because I-" Peter's voice trails off and gets so quiet that we can't hear.

"What are you saying, Peter?" My mom asks.

I step closer to Peter, "You don't have to say it, Peter."

"Well, I think she already knows," Peter responds.

He fiddles with his hands for a minute and then looks up at my mom. He takes a deep breath, "I'm Spider-Man,"

My mom purses her lips and then begins to pace back and forth. She doesn't say anything for a while, we all stay silent, even Tony.

"OK," she turns back to us, "So you're telling me that Peter Parker is Spider-Boy?"

Peter looks down, "Spider-Man," he corrects.

My mom scoffs, "This is unbelievable. I can't believe this."

My mom walks out of the room and into the elevator. Happy stands there as she presses the down button and disappears as the doors close.

"This is terrible," I sink down into my seat and put my head in my hands. Peter walks out of the room quickly, "Peter! What are you doing?"

He continued to walk without looking back at me. He walked into the elevator and then presses the down button.

Peter's POV:

Once the elevator doors opened I stepped out. I saw Y/N's mom heading towards the doors pulling her phone out of her purse.

"Ms. Y/L/N!" I called. She turned kept walking without looking back at me.

I quickly ran up to her and grabbed her arm. She jerked it away and looked at me surprised, "Please just let me explain," I pleaded.

"You and my daughter have been keeping these secrets from me! My daughter could have been in danger, and neither of you had the decency to tell me!" She takes a deep breath, "This all feels like some crazy dream!"

"Please, I can explain everything." I walked over to a couch near the door and sat down. I didn't know if she would sit down too, but luckily she made her way over and sat down next to me."

"OK, so I got my powers because I was bitten by a radioactive spider. It gave me these powers, and after Uncle Ben died I decided to use my powers to help people."

She stared at me blankly, "So then when Y/N moved back I had already had my powers for a while. I was with her when she discovered her powers. Neither of us knows how she got them,"

"So, you're just saying that she was born with them or something?"

"I-I don't know. She developed three powers and they're very powerful. I promise that she's safe." I assure her.

She gives me a worried look, "I loved her dad you know. And when we got divorced it broke me, I lost him. I know it broke Y/N too, and I just can't afford to lose her too."

"You're not going to lose me, Mom." Y/N is standing behind her mom. I don't know how long she's been standing there for.

"Peter is going to protect me. He always had protected me," She smiles at me and then comes to sit next to me on the couch. She grabs my hand and holds it in hers.

Y/N's mom gets up and grabs her purse, "I need to talk to your father about some stuff,"

"Dad knows about me. And he knows about Peter too," Y/N says.

"Of course he does. How does he know?" Ms. Y/L/N asked.

"He saw Peter take off his mask one day, and I told dad when he told me to break up with Peter," Y/N says quietly.

She takes a deep breath as if to say something but she doesn't. Her mom speaks up again, "Like I said I need to discuss some things with your father. Be home at 8 pm, please."

We both watch as she walks out of the building. The elevator door beeps and Mr. Stark walks out of it. He makes his way to us and put his hand on my shoulder, "Well I think that went fantastic, what do you think?"

~

Y/N's POV:

"What if you have to leave?" Peter asks me.

After my mom left the Avengers Facility, Peter and I headed out too. We decided to head back to his apartment until I have to go Home. We were walking through the city hand and hand.

"Why would you say that? I'm not going to leave, Peter." I tell him.

He squeezed my hand a little, "Your mom didn't seem that happy, a-and if her and your dad want you to move, you don't really have a choice."

I looked at him, "I'm not going to leave Peter. I will find a way to stay here. I don't want to leave you, Ned, or MJ. And I don't want to stop being Gemini and your partner."

I pull his hand up to mine and give it a little kiss. My phone dings and I slip it out of my pocket and turn it on.

Mom:
Your father and I would like to speak with you and Peter at home ASAP.

I type her a quick response and then tell Peter, "We've been summoned by my parents,"

He smiles, "Your dad too?"

I nod and he makes a worried face, "No offense, but your dad kind of scares me."

I laugh loudly and talk to him in a baby voice, "Aw, little Spider-Boy is scared?"

He blushes, "Hey! He tried to make you break up with me. Plus, he's a little intimidating,"

I give a small smile and tug on his hand, "Come on, we gotta get to my house."

-

-

-

-

A/N: So sorry for a late chapter! I've been finishing up summer homework since I start school in less than a week, and I've had some writer's block. This chapter kinda sucks but I tried haha. Three more chapters left! Remember to comment, vote and follow!
- Some of the ideas in this chapter were helped created by one of my good friends! Go follow her on instagram: katelyn.aaron

Love you all,
MJ Xx