Can you feel the Love tonight

A/N: Hi my Bakers! This chapter was longer than expected so I took more time to perfect it. (Although it really isn’t perfect anyway LOL) I’m terribly sorry for keeping you Bakers waiting ;__; 

There’s a very special song for this chapter, and it’s in the title :) I put a link for it at the side. Listen to it while reading, if you can ^^

Chapter 28: Can you feel the Love tonight

Chip’s POV

With the two portions of Macaroni and Cheese abandoned on the dinner table, Xander lifted me into his arms and brought us to our room.

We didn’t really speak—just Xander occasionally glancing down, meeting my gaze with the gentlest smile I’ve ever seen. He held me as if I was some sort of princess—and that made me r-really embarrassed.

I heard him kick his shoes off, and then proceed to place me down on my bed.

“A-Aren’t you going to switch on the lights?” The words that came out of my lips were soft and nervous.

Xander smirked. “I thought you didn’t like to have the lights on.”

I looked at my lap, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks as the reference registered in my mind.

“That’s…only if—“

The bed creaked to my right, indicating the presence of another. My eyes darted to the source of the sound, also noting the dent of the mattress Xander made.

I couldn’t hold my gaze for more than a second—

His eyes moved me.

I-It was strange how they looked so dark and beautiful under the moonlight.

And yet…

So gentle.

His gaze was lowered, expression hungry.

I felt the bed tilt further, and I was suddenly so aware of our close proximity.

“Is it okay?” Xander nuzzled my neck—voice huskier than usual. 

I was too dazed too reply.

W-Was what okay?

He went lower, stopping at my chest.

He breathed once. Twice.

And then I realized that I had forgotten to breathe.

At that point of time, I wondered whether Xander could hear the erratic beating of my heart.

How it raced against my chest and how it beat so painfully fast whenever he was around.

I thought about how he would probably smirk and tease me about it.

How he’d say I was so silly, that he knew I was so affected by him—

And I was embarrassed, far too cowardly to let him see how crazy I was about him.

“Angel?” Xander whispered against my heart, and the tremors made it beat faster than ever. “Is it okay?”

I didn’t think—just nodded; eyes half-lidded from mental exhaustion.

Xander tightened his hold on me and as if on instinct, I held onto his back.