Chapter 10

.

Chapter 10

Khushi paced inside her room restlessly. She was really worried about what happened in the college in the evening. It has been three months since she joined college and this was the first time she became this anxious.

Arnav returned home early that day mainly because Naani had informed him Khushi was feeling low since she returned from college. Seeing his wife walking around their room made him more worried.

"Khushi he called. Khushi immediately ran to her husband and hugged him. Arnav calmed her with words and kisses.

"What happened, Khushi? he asked

Khushi nervously took her bag and brought a piece of paper from inside. She with shaking hands gave it to Arnav. Just by the look of the red paper with hearts drawn, Arnav guessed what it could be. Nevertheless, he opened and read it. Arnav's anger at the thought of someone professing love to his Khushi vanished once he read the letter. How idiotic and immature someone can be? Young boys and their juvenile attempts at poetry.

"Khushi, what happened?

"Arnavji I was returning to car after college hours and that is when Mukesh gave me this. He is in my class.  I swear I have not even spoken with him properly. " Her eyes welled up. "Trust me Arnavji it is not my mistake

Arnav immediately hugged her and caressed her hair Don't cry Khushi no one is blaming you

"I didn't know he had feelings for me

"It is not your mistake

"I was so scared

"Shh...

After couple of minutes, when sobs subsided, Arnav pulled out from the hug and looked at her.

"It happens in college Khushi. You don't have to worry about it. Did you tell him you have a boyfriend?

Khushi nodded no. "I was scared after he gave me this so I ran away from that place

"Okay, tomorrow go tell him that you are not interested in him and that you already have a boyfriend. If he troubles you even after that then I will talk to your professor

Khushi nodded wiping her tears. "You are not angry on me right?

"Khushi why would I be angry on you? "

"I thought...

"I trust you Khushi. Never ever doubt my trust said Arnav kissing her temple.

The next day Khushi met Mukesh at the canteen and returned the letter. "I have a boyfriend she said bluntly and walked away from the place.

***

Arnav looked at his young wife sprinting around the whole house talking with everyone and trying her best to be the perfect badi bahu. Last night Arnav gave her clear lecture on how not to stress herself, but now seeing all guests Khushi began being her own bubbly self. It has been seven months to their wedding and it is Khushi's first karwachawd. He was completely against his fragile wife fasting, but he was not able to hold his ground against her and Naani together, so he gave in. But he reminded her, "Khushi, I am not really in favour of you fasting. I know it means to you a lot. That is why I am going to let you do this. But, I don't want you to stress tomorrow especially when you have no food inside you. Okay? She innocently nodded her head in acceptance, but now she is trying to be in many places at a time.

"Khushi Arnav pulled his over active wife inside the room. I told you no to stress

"But, I m not