Not me

Toby's POV

"Hey Toby! I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!" Emily says walking up to me. It is the first day of a new school year and Emily and I have been best friends since we were three. "Hey Emily! So, tell me, how was your trip to Ibiza?" I ask curious for her stories. "Oh Toby, It was in one word A-MA-ZING! I went to super cool parties, the people are nice and sweet and I met this really cute girl!" Emily says enthusiastic. "And what would the name of this really cute girl be?" I ask with a smile, glad Emily was that open about her love life.

Emily's parents didn't react good to the fact of Emily being lesbian. I always supported her though, I always thought she was different in a really good way. Maybe that's the reason why we're such a good friends, we support each other through everything, even bad things.

"Her name is Alison" Emily says with a cheeky smile, obviously not willing to tell me more about her. "Now you have to tell me everything about her, I'm getting really curious now" I say giving her a cheeky smile back. "Okay, we'll have it your way" Emily sighs. "So, I met her at one of Ibiza's greatest parties. She was standing a little bit alone in the corner, so I walked up to her and asked what was wrong."

(Flashback) Emily's POV

"Hey, why aren't you dancing? Is something wrong?" I asked the pretty blonde girl in the corner of the dance room. "No, but why would I even tell you that?! You're just some stranger, go make some fun with your friends or whoever you're here with" The girl said.

"I'm here on my own, I needed to go out alone for a while. I've had enough of people telling me who I am or feeling sorry for me." I said with a look on my face that was angry and sad at the same time. "Oh, in that case, sorry for snapping at you. I'm going through a hard time as well and sometimes I snap at somebody for no reason." The girl said.

I thought about what she had just said. I understood this more than she thought I did. "I understand this feeling, I've had it myself. That's the reason why I came here alone." I said to her. "This may be a weird question, but can I know your name? For some reason I feel really comfortable taking to you" The girl said. I felt butterflies come into my stomach and said: "my name is Emily and yours?"

"Nice to meet you Emily, I'm Alison" The girl said. "Well Alison, I think I know something to get our mind off our troubles. Follow me!" I said, taking her arm and leading her to the dance floor. "What are you doing Emily?" Alison said giggling. "We are going to dance the whole night and just have fun together" I said starting to dance.

(End of flashback)

Toby's POV

"We ended up making out in the girls bathroom" Emily said with a happy looking smile. "I'm glad you found someone special" I say giving her a smile back. "Toby, I really appreciate you loving my love life, but have you finally found someone special in your life?" Emily says getting serious.

She really wants me having a girlfriend so I can get my mind off school sometimes, but even she knows that school is everything to me. "No and you know why." I say. "I'm too busy with school and having a girlfriend is not me". "Maybe it would be good for you if you're not yourself from time to time." Emily says laughing, teasing me. I sigh "you are never going to learn it, are you?!" I say, laughing now.

"Nope, and you know why. Not teasing you is not me." Emily says laughing harder. We hear the bell ring. "Come on, let's go inside" I say, not wanting to be late. "Okay dork" Emily says. I give her a look and say: "We may be best friends but please, don't call me dork." Emily gives me an evilly look and says: "Okay...dork." I sigh but let it go.

We really have to go now or otherwise miss Montgomery will be mad." I say. "Yeah, are you walking me to class?" Emily asks. "Of course, dork." I say with the same evil look on my face she had. Then we walk both laughing inside the school building.

(This was the first part! What do you guys think so far? This isn't really being Spoby yet, but don't worry, that will come soon! For now, some Tobily and Emison in the story🔥)