Late

Emily's POV

It's unbelievable...Toby Cavanaugh is late on a bestie-lunch-date. He's never late, even when he doesn't have any appointments he is not late. I have send him like three messages, but he's not answering them. The moment I'm about to text him a fourth message, I see him coming out of the school building, his eyes searching for me.

"Oh my god Em, I'm so sorry! I should've answered your texts but I needed a little alone time..." He said walking up to me. I could see in his eyes he was very sorry, how cute. "Oh no, you don't have to apologise you dork. I'm late all the time!" I said laughing. He looked at me and I saw something else was bothering him. "What's wrong Tobes?" I asked. He looked down. "Toby, now I'm very worried... What's up?"

"Sp.. Spencer...asked to.. study a.. after school." He stuttered a little under his breath. My eyes began to glow. "I'm assuming Spencer is the girl we, or actually you, saw in the hallway. Isn't she?" "Yeah, she is." Toby said, almost inaudible.

I couldn't believe it, Toby actually liked a girl for once in his life! He is always so busy with school that he doesn't even look at girls, I guess this Spencer girl must be a complete miracle. The most cute part about it is that he blushed when I mentioned her name. He was even nervous to tell me that she asked to study after school. I smile at myself, I'm feeling happy for Toby.

"That's absolutely amazing Tobes! So, how did this happen?" I ask very curious. "She's in front of me in miss Montgomery's class. I tapped on her shoulder to welcome her and then I saw it was her, the girl from the hallway." He said smiling. I couldn't help smiling too, he looked so happy.

Toby's POV

Oh my god, did I really get late on a bestie-lunch-date?! I could slap myself for it, I'm never late. The reason why I was this time was because I was debating to tell or not to tell Emily. Not that I was planning on not telling her, but maybe I could wait till after our study session. I decided to just go to our place and see what would happen.

I could've known Emily would be finding out immediately. She has those kind of sensors that give her a sign if something is off about me. When I told her, her eyes began glowing. And when I was finished talking, she was smiling. I felt myself getting calm, she's supporting me, like she always does.

"Come on dreamer, let's go eating!" Emily said looking at me. I almost forgot that it was lunch break and that I had to eat. I smiled at her and we began eating in silence, both thinking about a person that made our life's a hundred times better...

••

That was part three! Sorry for not updating for so long, school has just begun and is already killing me. Comment your thoughts💋 xo Izabelle