Bestie signals

Toby's POV

Emily and I are still laughing when we walk down the hallway to her class. That's when I see her, a beautiful tall brunette with big brown eyes and an incredible smile. I stop laughing and talking and stare at the girl. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"Toby?, Toooby?!!, earth to Toby!" Emily is waving her hand right before my face, getting me out of my trance. She follows my eyes, sees the girl and grins. "Looks like Toby found someone special.." I look at her, giving her a look and say: "No, you know how I think about that! It's not going to happen. I was just checking her out because I've never seen her." Emily is still grinning "Sure, if you say so.."

"Stop grinning Emily!" I can't help laughing a little bit. "You like her, my bestie signals say so." Emily says smiling. I sigh. "And you now the rule..." "...Emily's bestie signals are always right." I say in a singing tone, she has made me say this since we were little kids. I have to say, till now her 'signals' were never wrong...

I dropped Emily at her class and started walking to my own. I was exited, new school year does mean new people. I arrived, greeted miss Montgomery, sat down and packed out my stuff. When I was finally ready, I took a proper look through the classroom.

I saw a lot of people I already knew, but one person right before me took my attention. She had long brown hair. I tapped on her shoulder so I could greet and welcome her. When she turned around I saw THE beautiful girl with the incredible smile. My breath quickened.

Spencer's POV

I feel a tap on my shoulder, so I turn around facing the most handsome guy I've ever seen. His piercing blue eyes stare at me for a while, with even a hint of surprise. I decide to break the silence between us and say: "Hey, I'm Spencer and you are?" I hope he hasn't heard how nervous I am.

He stares at me for a little longer and then says: "uh..I uhm...I'm..Toby." I felt butterflies in my stomach, he stammered because he was nervous too! I ask him to study after school, to break the ice. "Uhm, sure." He says. "Cool! See ya after school then I guess!" I say. "See ya!" He says, obviously still confused. I turn around and smile, I've met the boy of my dreams...

Toby's POV

Wait, this has to land. THE beautiful girl with the incredible smile just told me her name AND asked me to study after school. Could this day become even better? I smile at myself, but then the thought of my parents comes up. They're gonna KILL me if they find out I'm seeing someone.

They think I have to concentrate on school, which I have because it's really important. Suddenly I hear Emily's voice in my head: "Toby, you're not seeing her (yet), it's just studying." And I relax again. I've met the girl of my dreams...

(What do you guys think so far? Finally some Spoby in da house!!🔥Whoop whoop🎉 Stay stuned for the next part!)